Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to get a cold air and ive heard there are no tune required cold air kits but im not sure. Anyone know of any? If there are any

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
In all honesty you are going to be wasting money if you just buy a CAI without a tune. Save your money and pick up a CAI and tuner package from American muscle from the link above. You will see a huge difference from stock with the tune.

·
Registered
916 Posts
DDTCM said:
In all honesty you are going to be wasting money if you just buy a CAI without a tune. Save your money and pick up a CAI and tuner package from American muscle from the link above. You will see a huge difference from stock with the tune.
I agree! The tune is the most important

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

BlacknRed05gt said:
Im looking to get a cold air and ive heard there are no tune required cold air kits but im not sure. Anyone know of any? If there are any
I know BBK makes an intake that doesn't require a tune.

·
Registered
178 Posts
DDTCM said:
^+1

·
Registered
236 Posts
The tune is what will give you the best performance gains. but they do sells one that dont need a tune and are easy to install yourself.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
05stangGT said:
The tune is what will give you the best performance gains. but they do sells one that dont need a tune and are easy to install yourself.
Well see heres the deal I had a sct tuner that was giving me massive problems sct had it twice they kept not fixing it so I went to my local tuner and had him take a look he was also confused so he nicely for free put a 93 octane tune on my car through his computer and I offered him my possesed tuner in exchange for the free work and tune. so my issue is id have to go to him and hope he would just throw the tuner back on quick and fix it or pay him to retune it fully or have him remove it then go and bye a new tuner and new intake.....aka alot of money no matter what!

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

BlacknRed05gt said:
Well see heres the deal I had a sct tuner that was giving me massive problems sct had it twice they kept not fixing it so I went to my local tuner and had him take a look he was also confused so he nicely for free put a 93 octane tune on my car through his computer and I offered him my possesed tuner in exchange for the free work and tune. so my issue is id have to go to him and hope he would just throw the tuner back on quick and fix it or pay him to retune it fully or have him remove it then go and bye a new tuner and new intake.....aka alot of money no matter what!
I cant believe I spelt buy....bye...major typo....i blame exhaustion for that

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yep now your gunna have to buy a tuner when you already had one

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Stang23 said:
Yep now your gunna have to buy a tuner when you already had one
And he will need the stock tune which is probably gone

·
Registered
1,699 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Related Question - Had K&N non-tune required CAI, Later got an SCT tuner. The SCT tuner has a selection for the K&N CAI. So at this point would I gain much by getting a tune only CAI? Is it worth spending the $$?

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
Related Question - Had K&N non-tune required CAI, Later got an SCT tuner. The SCT tuner has a selection for the K&N CAI. So at this point would I gain much by getting a tune only CAI? Is it worth spending the $$?
I'm in the same boat. For my money that will be one of my last mods. I'm still holding out for a used Cai.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Go with airaid intake. It comes with what I believe is called MVT which allows you to install without a tune. When u do get a tuner you can take it out and you should get a 26hp and 29tq gain if I'm not mistaken. I was gonna do that myself cause I don't have $600+ to get the tuner with it

·
Registered
332 Posts
AGREEEEEED! Dont throw away ur cash.... save and buy the CAI with a tune ;D you will regret if you buy without a tune seriously.... :D just my advice and everyone elses on here too haha!

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Go with airaid intake. It comes with what I believe is called MVT which allows you to install without a tune. When u do get a tuner you can take it out and you should get a 26hp and 29tq gain if I'm not mistaken. I was gonna do that myself cause I don't have $600+ to get the tuner with it
I have a Steeda CAI with tune and it only costed me about 450.... i did choose to buy the Carbon fiber which was an extra 100 but plastic works great too.... but yeahs.... the extra cash for the tune is sooooo worth it man...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Not all intakes require a tune. And you can buy one that doesnt require it and put it on. BUT...the tune really makes it better. If you dont have cash right now just buy one without and get a tuner later. If i was you I would try to get your tuner back before purchasing anything.

·
Registered
916 Posts
MavyMav said:
Not all intakes require a tune. And you can buy one that doesnt require it and put it on. BUT...the tune really makes it better. If you dont have cash right now just buy one without and get a tuner later. If i was you I would try to get your tuner back before purchasing anything.
+1

1 - 20 of 21 Posts