Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have purchased a new catback system for my 08 GT from Roush. I'm pretty new to the stangs world. And heard I will need a tune otherwise engine light will come on. Is that true?

·
Registered
453 Posts
No you don't need one. Unless it said it needed one but usually you do need one.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Come on, man, use your brain. How in the world is a CAT Back going to affect your engine tune.

·
Banned
510 Posts
bluemonster13 said:
+100 totally agree!
Right dude? This guy belongs in a corvette. Hahaha

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

JKZ said:
So I have purchased a new catback system for my 08 GT from Roush. I'm pretty new to the stangs world. And heard I will need a tune otherwise engine light will come on. Is that true?
Na dude you're good. That's all behind your O2 sensors so you'll be alright.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right dude? This guy belongs in a corvette. Hahaha

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Na dude you're good. That's all behind your O2 sensors so you'll be alright.
oky, now i can save up a few hundred bucks. thanks for the info guys. now just waiting for the parts to come in. hope is not too loud. its my first mod on the Stang, just wanna make it Right.

·
Registered
453 Posts
JKZ said:
oky, now i can save up a few hundred bucks. thanks for the info guys. now just waiting for the parts to come in. hope is not too loud. its my first mod on the Stang, just wanna make it Right.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
JKZ said:
Have fun!
And it's your first mod? Good luck not inning out of money in the next 2-3 months :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For real dude. I'm balls deep in my car by now and it's only been a year lol

haha, i will probably be in the same shoes in like a year. once starting to mod, will never able to stop :headbang:

Good luck! Let us know how it goes. :)
no question about that. will try to post some STOCK catback sys vs Roush catback sys videos..couldnt find a good one on youtube.

·
Banned
510 Posts
JKZ said:
haha, i will probably be in the same shoes in like a year. once starting to mod, will never able to stop :headbang:

no question about that. will try to post some STOCK catback sys vs Roush catback sys videos..couldnt find a good one on youtube.
I traded my 07 charger Daytona in on my mustang, went to turkey rod in Daytona beach and its been downhill from there lol. Intake, tuner, shifter, cams, gears, full exhaust..... It's pretty bad lol. Think I'm gonna do CMDPs, a dynotune and clean up the outside. Probably wheels and smoked lights. And that will be it until its paid off. For the most part....... Lol

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

All my good posts get deleted....... Damn it lol

Liberals..... Hahaha

·
Registered
453 Posts
JKZ said:

Sweet! Yea I've heard a lot of good things about roush. I'm a borla guy. I've had borla on my last two mustangs. I've got the borla s type catback.

·
Registered
453 Posts
LMNO said:
I have them on my 2010 Mustang GT. It is loud and sets off alarms a lot too.
Yea buddy! I love setting off alarms with mine. :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
JKZ said:
Just came in...dang, it looks so sweet. Gonna put them on on Friday
Nice! Make a video of the sound too

·
Registered
453 Posts
JKZ said:
Just came in...dang, it looks so sweet. Gonna put them on on Friday
Sweet!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow, it sounds real nice. Woke up the whole car itself. Ima gonna try to take some pics of the exhaust and a video

1 - 17 of 17 Posts