Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
For a ram power grip clutch?
If you still have the stock factory plastic quadrant, then I would say yes you do need to replace it.
The factory quad is marginal at best and when you add a beefier aftermarket clutch, failure is pretty much imminent.
There are several benefits to installing an aftermarket adjustable quadrant.
The best are the increased reliability and adjustment. :good:

·
Banned
1,656 Posts
Yeah when I changed my clutch I kept the stock quadrant..needless to say it didn't last very long!...I believe TH helped me with a few questions as well!...I do remember removing the driver seat because the quadrant is in a very precarious location...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Be cautious about the multiple hook quadrants. I had one in the past and the middle hook put a stress point on the cable if i hooked it on the first hook, and I broke several cables over time because of it. I run a Maximum Motorsports quadrant and cable now and I have never had a smoother clutch action. Their cable is where it's at, it is engineered like the oem ford cable. Make sure you get the newer style firewall adjuster that clicks as you adjust it. This style won't slowly back off and need to be readjusted. Some have a jam nut on the threads too to help keep it from going out of adjustment. I tried all kinds of quadrants and cables and finally got my clutch action like it should be with the MM stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts