Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
The Demon will never be a corner carver, so I kind of wonder.......why?
Because even if you buy one of the million plus dollar super cars it still always comes back to how much HP does it make, how fast does it go and how fast does it accelerate. No one really cares when it comes to bragging rights if it can pull 1G plus in a corner.

·
Banned
145 Posts
Because even if you buy one of the million plus dollar super cars it still always comes back to how much HP does it make, how fast does it go and how fast does it accelerate. No one really cares when it comes to bragging rights if it can pull 1G plus in a corner.
Couldn't one argue that is simply out of ignorance? HP and TQ numbers stated in manufacture brochures are peak numbers at a specific RPM. While enthusiasts would be more interested in the entire curve, gearing, etc. etc.

On another note:

Superspeeders Rob
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUqetnafgiQ

Engineering Explained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93MuL4lRrO8

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
FYI....in full 100 octane 9.65 second mode, NHRA is going to require a parachute as well. No mounting for that either.......:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Even after all these comments...you've got to give it to Dodge that they are going to produce the first factory/street car WITH a warranty.......that can pull a wheelie.......I'd pay to see that on the street....:dance:

·
Registered
8,441 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Dodge builds a "drag special" so fast it is banned by the NHRA?

^ funny how people still want to argue about the impracticality of this thing. It's a race car with a VIN, just like the ACR. Practical doesn't apply to race cars. They're meant go fast with very little thought about comfort.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
^ funny how people still want to argue about the impracticality of this thing. It's a race car with a VIN, just like the ACR. Practical doesn't apply to race cars. They're meant go fast with very little thought about comfort.

Pick your poison.

+11. Dodge now has a car that can hassle the Cobra Jet and COPO at the strip!.. Yet you can legally Drive It on the street too!.. I'm a BIG Mustang Fan first and Foremost!.. BUT, I've got Mad Respect for Dodge doing this!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lift at 134 mph and coast through the traps in 10.25 all day long. Problem solved. Tell NHRA they can beat it.

Even though it's not a mustang I would love to give one a go. Since no one will buy them here in Canada that should be no problem. Then wait about six months when they are stale on the lots here and pick one up for msrp less about 20-25k. Yup...that's the plan.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,188 Posts
Even after all these comments...you've got to give it to Dodge that they are going to produce the first factory/street car WITH a warranty.......that can pull a wheelie.......I'd pay to see that on the street....:dance:

I think it's awesome that this day and age, where companies are trimming every tenth of a penny out of their products, would go to this level of development and marketing to create a product. I think that tells you that the Demon means something to many buyers on some level or there would be no way they could justify it.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts

Pick your poison.
Preach on

·
Registered
327 Posts
+11. Dodge now has a car that can hassle the Cobra Jet and COPO at the strip!.. Yet you can legally Drive It on the street too!.. I'm a BIG Mustang Fan first and Foremost!.. BUT, I've got Mad Respect for Dodge doing this!..

Sent from the One and Only ME!..?
Dodge has always had the non street legal Drag Pak cars that hassle and beat the Cobra Jet and COPOs at the strip

·
Registered
818 Posts
I have an appointment with a dealer to see about ordering one.:dance:
I would be interested in prices on one that will do a 9.65 1/4, saw nothing in the press release / video about cost.
Locally, race gas goes for $10/gal., maybe your dealer knows where to get it cheaper !!

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
Slightly off topic but Rob from Superspeeders had his adventure drives group in my town here and I missed it!!!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Slightly off topic but Rob from Superspeeders had his adventure drives group in my town here and I missed it!!!!

Today Mr Spaghetti demonstrates his ability to lead a pack of high speed supercars through the Soap Lake area without being seen.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Sweet! :thumb:

I don't usually ask, but it would be much appreciated if you could share any pricing information that you receive from the dealer.
I will definitely share what I pay.
:thumb:

I would like to see it if you get it....

I'm gonna stick with the not letting you come on the cruise but you can come early and meet/greet/wipe the drool
I understand Jim, rules are rules.:)
And I hope Grabber is serious... that would be completely badass.
Yep, I'm serious. At this point though it may be a long shot since the large dealer I'm visiting is only allotted 1 for now.

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
Today Mr Spaghetti demonstrates his ability to lead a pack of high speed supercars through the Soap Lake area without being seen.
It was actually in Wenatchee lol. He butchered the pronunciation rather badly lol

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
What this shows me is that the automotive engineers can make a car silly fast, get it to pass the government regulations (it has all Federal required smog equipment).

But they can't make a decent sized vehicle running on gas, get consistent 60 MPG?

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
they can...but like the Demon it's a niche car that isn't the most practical for dd. the big difference is it ain't gonna get folks talking excitedly about it or draw them into the showroom as a halo vehicle.

and the gas companies pay them to suppress it. :)

61 - 80 of 103 Posts