Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was on my car when i bought it.. Its the black switch next to the engine start(red button) on the pic. It doesnt do any action when i press it

ForumRunner_20121127_125500.png

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Aftermarket lights?

Pop it out and look for the same color wires under the dash. Follow them and see where they lead.
I hate **** like that. It looks so tacky. :bad:

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Venomouz831 said:
Looks like the naas button
Whats naas??

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Also the,lights inside dont turn on when i open the door or push the buttoms

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mm idk could be.. I will pull it out and follow the wires to see where it takes me.. Also a nitrous tank would be most likely in the trunk right??

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Mm idk could be.. I will pull it out and follow the wires to see where it takes me.. Also a nitrous tank would be most likely in the trunk right??
Yup, but wires for a safety valve could be run up front for easy on/off ability. Can you trace any wires going to it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I remember seeing a mod where you could use a push button start for the engine. You would still need to insert/turn your key but instead of an ignition turn, you would just push that button. It is a novelty upgrade and replaced your cigarette lighter. I think AM actually had the mod kit.

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes i have the push to start engine its the red one in the pic

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Azure said:
Yup, but wires for a safety valve could be run up front for easy on/off ability. Can you trace any wires going to it?
Nope i dont see any wires.. I would guess a nitrous switch would be red or like most of them a stick.. But this one is just a simple black switch with a little blue light you can berly see it at night

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Yes i have the push to start engine its the red one in the pic

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Nope i dont see any wires.. I would guess a nitrous switch would be red or like most of them a stick.. But this one is just a simple black switch with a little blue light you can berly see it at night
Lol, that's crazy! Do you think it's a remote switch, like for a garage door opener?

·
Registered
809 Posts
It's a generic switch you can buy at any electronics store. If the blue light is on at all then it is still hooked to your battery, It's dim because it is probably not grounded properly. You can fallow the wires from the back of the switch and that will tell you where they go. I bet there going to the trunk, probably for what used to be a subwoofer amp. As far as NOS, you would know if you had it. It would be obvious because you would have at least a psi gauge and a trigger button plus a tank and extra lines in your engine bay. If by chance your car did once have NOS then the owner would have removed it before selling because it would make the car harder to sell. Plus it is worth a good chunk of change.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Could be for a million different things. Nos would probably be a momentary contact switch. It couldn't have been placed in worse spot.

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea maybe it could of been for a garage door or something like a sub.. ill stop worrying about it and just leave it there.. Thanks guys

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
It's a universal switch. I'm telling ya, I bet it was to some kind of interior mood lighting or underglows. Something that's no longer on the car but the previous owner left the switch to hide the hole he drilled into the accessory panel.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts