Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about driveshafts? Sorry Brent I know it will be shifted to suspension/drivetrain. (I just wanted peoples attention) I have a t45 (tranny) & I want to buy an aluminum driveshaft. Can it be switched over to any different trannys with any modifications? If so what tranny's? (hopefully some tremec's) Can someone find out or a show me a link. I thank you so much! sorry again Brent. :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
buy a cobra

sorry couldnt resist :lol: but look at the driveshaft you want, should list the trannys it will fit most ar ethe same length and shouldnt have to big of a problem

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
you could have your driveshaft made to fit any tranny by having a machine shop add or take off some inches. and also sometimes changing the u joints and yoke. alot of guys that do engine swaps have to do this all the time. im helping a guy right now put a 350 engine into an old nova and we had to get his stock drive shaft cut, the machine shop charged him 70 bucks.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks 232. Why dont you go to the track on april 2nd so I can give you my $5, since you live 20 minutes from me. Can you put my quote up btw? lol So bottom line I should buy one for my t45 & then worry about it later.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Js281GT said:
So bottom line I should buy one for my t45 & then worry about it later.
Yes. That is why it won't work on the T56... It needs to be trimmed 3/4". Unless it's the TKO, the most you're going to need to do it trim it or swap yokes... With a TKO, the 31 (I think) spline yoke won't fit the u-joint on the smaller driveshaft.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When I got mine and went to put it in, the yoke that came with the Aluminum driveline wouldn't fit into the Tremec. So I had to use the yoke from my car and the aluminum driveline. I was just real careful tearing it apart so I could re-use the new joints.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Danger Dude said:
I have an aluminum drive shaft I will sell you. All you need is to use your front yoke and get new U joints
Can you use it later on a TKO 500 tranny? With what modifications? And all I need is those two things for that driveshaft to fit on my t45? Thanks Danger :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also where can I get the new u joint & how much will they run about?

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
You can ge new U-joints and any parts store like aytozone, Advance, NAPA or Pepboys

I have started to use NAPA more and more simple because they use very little chinese stuff and they dont have ricer stuff

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Js281GT said:
Thanks 232. Why dont you go to the track on april 2nd so I can give you my $5, since you live 20 minutes from me. Can you put my quote up btw? lol So bottom line I should buy one for my t45 & then worry about it later.
eh i dont really want the five bucks.
and school and work is getting in the way of me going anywhere.
i cant even get on here much and the new post whores are passing me.
btw, i didnt answer your question for the money, brent pays me a bunch to mod his site.

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
my friend works at a place that can make driveshafts however you want them done.... aluminum too, also, he rebuilds rearends... I may get a Ford 9" when I get my Cobra

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Danger Dude said:
You can ge new U-joints and any parts store like aytozone, Advance, NAPA or Pepboys

I have started to use NAPA more and more simple because they use very little chinese stuff and they dont have ricer stuff
How much would you sell me the driveshaft for? Is it Ford racing? And for sure it will fit my t45? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,890 Posts
Js281GT said:
How much would you sell me the driveshaft for? Is it Ford racing? And for sure it will fit my t45? Thanks!
It is a FMS aluminum Drive shaft 140 + shipping. yes it will use the yoke of whatever tranny you are going to use. What year is the car

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It is an early 2001 GT. 99-01.5 Different tranny than 01.5-04

1 - 20 of 29 Posts