897 Posts
lmao

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
ZimStang said:
Monkey said:
i have 225x60x15 :thumb2:
sweet where can i pick up some badasses like that??!??!
theyre actually the widest tire taht will fit on the stock wheels.. its not factory size. thats 195.

but i appreciate the joke :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
brent: i don't right now, but within a month or less i may have and will show you some pictures.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
V6PowerStang said:
brent: i don't right now, but within a month or less i may have and will show you some pictures.
Sweet Cant decide if I want to do it or not. Need to see how they will look

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Brent, its not recommended, but I have been thinking of trying it on my 17X8 bullitts too man, if I do, I will send you pics, some say it will work, some say it won't, some say it will but you won't get as much tire foot print on the road as with 245/45s. I may try it and if I don't like the results I might get wider rear rims.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The possible draw back is that they may bow out in the middle, I have had this happen in the past, what I did in the past was run a little lower pressure in the rear tires, worked ok.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Will do, I may just let the tire place mount one of them, if I don't like how it looks I won't go for it at all. At any rate I will let you know my opinion.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Rick0636 said:
Brent, its not recommended, but I have been thinking of trying it on my 17X8 bullitts too man, if I do, I will send you pics, some say it will work, some say it won't, some say it will but you won't get as much tire foot print on the road as with 245/45s. I may try it and if I don't like the results I might get wider rear rims.
they aren't much wider than the 245's, it's nothing extreme, just the max you can go on a 8" wheel. thousands of people have done this before, nothing bad happens i assure you.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
v6powerstang, yours is the best report on it I have heard yet, I hope you are right, I have seen some people that were very negative indeed on the prospects, I thought personally it would work but might be stretching it just a little bit, so I asked around on 3.8 while the site was down, and that is kind of stuff I got there. :D

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Hey Jeff (KrazyPony98) has them. They look good on his car. You would probably lose some cornering performance with all the rubber but I would think it would be minimal

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Corey, Cool, and they don't bow out in the middle of the tread, thats great, is he using them all the way around or just on the rear?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts