Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
The pin stripes?

I am not sure about those but I had a 93 ford ranger stx. The stx package came with these silly purple and blue stripes. Got it off with a hair blow dryer and razer blade, just went very slow. Tried a heat gun but it was too hot and left the sticky residue on the car.

Here is what my truck looked like before and after:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Not trying to jack your thread, but how much would it be to get it re striped? Mine look really bad..

·
Registered
640 Posts
Has anyone had the problem of this while taking them off? It's only on the passenger side..

Automotive exterior Auto part Windshield Vehicle Automotive window part

Automotive exterior Sky Vehicle door Line Windshield

·
Registered
640 Posts
No they are easy to take off just make them hot with a heat gun and start pealing them off.
I think my car may have been repainted cuz there's a lift at the bottom of the pinstripe about .25 of a millimeter. And it goes down the entire passenger side, but not the drivers

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think my car may have been repainted cuz there's a lift at the bottom of the pinstripe about .25 of a millimeter. And it goes down the entire passenger side, but not the drivers
Only way to find out is take them off.. a lot of times they will lift a tiny bit at the edges.. same thing happened on a firebird I had and I thought it had been painted but it was the top layer of the pin stripe lifting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts