Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can get a gas tank for a 1979 Ford Mustang Cobra and at what price?

I have looked everywhere for a gas tank for my mustang and cannot find one at any stores around where I live and I have checked multiple websites and have not been able to find one for a '79. So if anyone knows where I can get one please let me know and what the price is if you know that too, I appreciate the help. Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone know where I can get a gas tank for a 1979 Ford Mustang Cobra and at what price?

Any Fox Mustang (79-93) tank for a NON EFI application should work. You may have to get one from a wrecking yard.

·
Registered
51 Posts

If your looking for a shop to buy a new one, check your local radiator shop. Many of them can get OEM tanks through their suppliers. Otherwise check the web for aftermarket ones. Oh, and also, the radiator shop may be able to send your old one out, if it doesn't have holes the size of baseballs, to get recoated and tested as an alternative. Turn around on this stuff shouldn't be more than a couple days.

·
Registered
35 Posts

try contacting mike murillo,he is the yoda of 5.0 mustangs. he set world records back in the early 80's with 5.0's and is still considered the best in the business. he surely will know where to get one,here is the link to his site and it has his contact info.
http://www.murillomotorsports.com/

hope this helps.

·
Registered
43 Posts

try year one they may have what your are looking for.

·
Registered
42 Posts

Summit Racing.com or Jegs.com replica vintage car parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts