Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some work done to my car last summer and I had to have the transmission removed and put back in. But for some reason, I feel that the shifter sits more far up than usual, rather than being perfectly in the middle. I may just never have noticed but I'm not too sure what to think. I'm installing my MGW shifter soon and I've had it since July, so I just want it installed asap but correctly. I had it checked out by another mechanic and he said there was nothing wrong with it but its felt different ever since.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If that's neutral, it seems like it may be a bit forward. It's hard to say, I changed mine out last spring. As long as the tranny is bolted in correctly, I'd just put in the new one. The shorter throw is so much better than stock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If that's neutral, it seems like it may be a bit forward. It's hard to say, I changed mine out last spring. As long as the tranny is bolted in correctly, I'd just put in the new one. The shorter throw is so much better than stock.
That actually is neutral. Some mustangs, I notice that it either sits up front like mine does or it sits perfectly in the middle. My ex's shifter sits a little up front as well. B

Attachments

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Looks about normal

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I hope so! I'm hoping that the MGW shifter will sit more center.
It will because its so adjustable but that's how my hurst is

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Here see, even the leather cover only fits one way because its suppose to sit that way

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was watching the MGW shifter installation video and noticed that the OEM shifter was in the same position as mine. The MGW shifter happened to sit straight in the middle, so apparently it is normal. Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
If it makes you feel any better.. If my shifter were any further back, it'd hit the plastic housing and hold me back.. Yours looks good to me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts