·
Banned
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Banned
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It does the download in like less than 2 seconds, then got stuck in "Loading Software" for 2 hours, lol... I googled it just now and they said it gets corrupted sometimes.. I stopped it, unplugged it and replugged it then started again.

Let's see what happens now >_<

Edit: Ahh, This time it went right through.

Guess it does corrupt... I was just too scared to unplug it lol...

Now it shows transferring files.

549 files, already at 100.

·
Banned
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm doing the update now of my SCT X4 tuner after a number of years of bypassing the update on the screen. It's telling me I have 3917 updates! It first tried to do it over my WiFi and kept failing somewhere in the middle of downloading. I just installed the Device Updater program and with this it will apparently take like 4 hours to complete. I'm going to let it complete but I have no idea why there needs to be nearly 4000 updates.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Almost all those 4000 files are various files for creating a tune for all the Ford products SCT supports back to 1996. The way SCT works is when you are installing a canned tune it requires multiple files based on the options you choose and for the changes in the strategy code that occur in the pcm over time. Actual firmware updates that impact the way programmer works are much more infrequent.

Dave

1 - 10 of 10 Posts