12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an 06 gt

My mods:
Steeda Cold air intake
Bbk Headers
Mac exhaust(sounds like sex)
I have a diablo predator
Hurst shifter(I know, no hp.. Just throwing it in)

I dynoed it.. And only got 296.9 rwhp :(

What should I be looking at if I get a dyno tune

Also getting charge motion deletes and some under drive pulleys..what should that put me with a dyno tune? What am I doing wrong??

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Oh and 304 tq

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I'm new to mustangs.. V8's completely, thought it sad easy to put down numbers

·
Registered
660 Posts
Well ive been told that the factory estimate for HP is 300. Which is at the crank. To whels i heard its around 280. Also longtubes only give around 15-20 HP right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well ive been told that the factory estimate for HP is 300. Which is at the crank. To whels i heard its around 280. Also longtubes only give around 15-20 HP right?
That's what it should be, but I was expecting a lot more

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I think it's less than 280 at the crank stock. I believe it's closer to 270. So you're probably close with your mods

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just leave stock and put a supercharger on it. Best bang for the buck. I had American thunder flow masters and 373 gears. My last run for the season was [email protected] I have one for sale.

I'm selling my V3 Vortech System becasuse I traded the car in for a 2011 Mustang GT convertible and took everything out. The stuff only has 10,000 miles on them. The car was not a DD.

05-10 V3 Vortech package 3999.00
Mustang GT V3 H.O Charge cooler upgrade 1800.00
10 PSI super charger pulley with Mafia MAF extender 292.00
Brisk Plugs 135.00
also have 8 & 10 PSI pulley
2 bottles of Oil

On a stock motor with 12 PSI pulley, the car was dynoed at 527RWHP/451 torque. I have the dyno sheet. Nothing like adding this system to your car. I loved the power.

THIS IS A HUGE BARGAIN! IF INTERESTED SHOOT ME A PM

The kit was over 6,500.00 and I'm asking 4500.00

·
Registered
434 Posts
Really? So that's all I should expect?

Kinda disappointed

No reason to be disappointed, you may get a little extra with better tune. But you really have not added any HP mods. Headers and CAI add a little but they really just help the motor breath better, and help when other mods are added.

·
Registered
309 Posts
So I have an 06 gt

My mods:
Steeda Cold air intake
Bbk Headers
Mac exhaust(sounds like sex)
I have a diablo predator
Hurst shifter(I know, no hp.. Just throwing it in)

I dynoed it.. And only got 296.9 rwhp :(

What should I be looking at if I get a dyno tune

Also getting charge motion deletes and some under drive pulleys..what should that put me with a dyno tune? What am I doing wrong??

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Oh and 304 tq

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I'm new to mustangs.. V8's completely, thought it sad easy to put down numbers
That sounds about right. A dyno tune will probably add a few HP, and improve some lines, but really depends on whether you have a good tuner and how much he charges as to whether it's worth the cash.

If you aren't running an O/R mid or high flow cats, those will help.

But I think you are a little too focused on #'s. They don't matter! A little suspension work and DR's (with a good driver mod) you are in the low 12's. THAT is what matters.

·
Registered
309 Posts
That sounds about right. A dyno tune will probably add a few HP, and improve some lines, but really depends on whether you have a good tuner and how much he charges as to whether it's worth the cash.

If you aren't running an O/R mid or high flow cats, those will help.

But I think you are a little too focused on #'s. They don't matter! A little suspension work and DR's (with a good driver mod) you are in the low 12's. THAT is what matters.
Sorry, HIGH 12's. Not low!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I agree, that does sound right. I've seen some stock Mustangs with some pretty surprising numbers. The lowest I've seen had 260 RWHP or so, and the highest I've seen had like 280+ HP. Some Mustangs are just unlucky and some are factory freaks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
V3 vortech

Not for nothing, but how is a V2 a better deal than a V3 unit+ charge cooler and additional parts and its not beat on.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not for nothing, but how is a V2 a better deal than a V3 unit+ charge cooler and additional parts and its not beat on.
He's throwing a lot more stuff in. Not saying a v3 isn't a good deal but trust me he's got a lot more to go with that kit.. A lot..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Graham1992 said:
He's throwing a lot more stuff in. Not saying a v3 isn't a good deal but trust me he's got a lot more to go with that kit.. A lot..
The only thing I wasn't including is my tuner. What do you mean by a lot more stuff with the kit.

Kit comes with HO setup
Non HO setup
39 pound plugs
Extra pullies not in the kit and Mafia extender
Also included is a upper radiator hose that I modified.
KB boost a pump
Charge cooler setup
Expansion tank
Relocate power steering
Radiator aftercooler

Everything I bought in the kit is included except 1/2 spacer and IAT sensor and tuner.

Selling this kit now for 3,500.00

Selling kit because I bought a 2011 mustang gt.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I just can't bring my self to giving it away. I would rather pack it and throw it in the attic before I give it away.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts