Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a call from a friend of mine today (he owns a junk yard of just old and new mustangs) and he had a new car come in today that has a five speed in it. He is going to let me get anything i need out of the car to do the conversion for 500 bucks. I was wondering if someone could write me up a list of the stuff i should get off the car. Ive searched but havent found a really good list of what i acutally need. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
i have never done one beforeb but off the top of my head,
tranny
driveshaft
shifter
flywheel, (auto's come with flexplate)
clutch assembly
clutch pedal
clutch quadrant/ cable
wiring harness
computer/ or better just a chip
cross member
vehicle speed sensor

·
Registered
47 Posts
BruThru2002 said:
i got a call from a friend of mine today (he owns a junk yard of just old and new mustangs) and he had a new car come in today that has a five speed in it. He is going to let me get anything i need out of the car to do the conversion for 500 bucks. I was wondering if someone could write me up a list of the stuff i should get off the car. Ive searched but havent found a really good list of what i acutally need. Thanks.
95 or newer T-5 transmission will work. If you've got a 99+ mustang, get a 99+ tranny to avoid speedo problems. I have a 97 based t-5, and I had to replace the tailshaft with 99+, and modify the output shaft with the ring gear type magnetic speedo sensor 99+ use.
bellhousing
clutch pressure plate/disk
clutch throwout fork
clutch throwout bearing
pilot bearing
clutch cable
clutch pedal assembly complete
interior clutch boot
interior clutch weather plate/seal
clutch shifter
clutch shifter knob
manual transmission cable assembly
Driveshaft? I went with a pre 99 aluminum driveshaft and it fit perfectly. I've seen where people used their automatic driveshafts, but had to change the input side yoke to fit the manual.
EEC retune to tweak everything. The automatic EEC WILL work, but when you punch the gas, you'll get a 1-2 lag sometimes because the computer is trying to downshift the AODE. It's something you can deal with, but something you'd want to fix sooner or later.

Questions: [email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts