Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got a itty-bitty door ding on the drivers side door, just to the rear and above the handle, and was debating paint-less dent repair.
Second, if I had to pull the door panel, I figured I might as well Dynamat the interior while I'm in there. Anyone else been inside the doors? Is there already a coating in there? Anyone else Dynamat'd their stang with positive results?
Thanks

·
Registered
903 Posts
I don't know if I would see the need to dynamat my door unless I had the stuff just laying around.I wouldn't buy it to do unless I had some sound problems.On the body ding you can get that fixed and never know it.Paint OK?Be sure to talk to the guy or they will drill a hole and plug it.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yea I do paintless dent repairs... I only done a few 10+ Mustangs and I ran into the same dent u have on a 2010 and there is a layer f sound deadener on top which made it hard for me to get the ding out.... I did have to drill a small hole to get the proper leverage and remove the dent correctly... Where do u live?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm in Jersey, sucks to hear about the dent. If u don't know anybody who does it, I would recommend going back to the dealer and maybe they could set u up. I don't think that dent should be a problem... worst case they may have to drill a small hole with a plug which is definitely much better than body work.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Totally agree about the small hole vs body work. I think the hole/plug would be covered by the trim panel, so no big.
I dread pulling apart the door panel and having some squeak/buzzle/rattle show up after.
My other thought was about the Dynamat, since the door would have the panel off of it.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Yea I actually pulled off the doors panels the 1st week I got the car to swit
ch it the front 6x8s... factory ones are horrible, they're as light as a slice of bread... only thing that sucks about dynamat is the extra weight its gonna add...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts