Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 GT. I have been thru 3 door handles so far. Two driver side and one passenger. Currently both need replacing again. They don't return to the flush position and sometimes don't return enough to actually latch. Imagine my surprise as I turn a corner and the door flies open.
Anyone else have these issues? Ford admitted there was issues and supposedly fixed them but I don't see it.

·
Premium Member
5,504 Posts
I'm still on my original handle pairs ? Haven't heard of this till now

·
Registered
916 Posts
Me either. I'm still on my same handles as well

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
No problems here either....

·
Registered
47 Posts
My driver side door handle used to do the same, where it wouldn't fully return to the closed position, but the door never came open while driving

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have had the issue that the handle does not fully return flush. But I haven't had the door fly open on me. My handle has been this way since I got the car I'm just living with it.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
My moms 05 ford focus all the door handles broke on it they will not return flush and they all broke and u have to leave the window cracked to get in it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They use the same handles o. My wife's Edge and others. They feel more positive. Never had a problem with them. Have a replacement, just have to figure out how to get the old one out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts