Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need information reguarding any of the following:
-The location of the factory security controller for a 99 stang
-Info on connecting an alarm into the lock and unlock wires, I have lock working but unlock not working
-Info about switches ceasing to work once locks wires have been messed with(not broken or disconnected and fuse is good)

Please reply ASAP!!

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
I need information reguarding any of the following:
-The location of the factory security controller for a 99 stang
-Info on connecting an alarm into the lock and unlock wires, I have lock working but unlock not working
-Info about switches ceasing to work once locks wires have been messed with(not broken or disconnected and fuse is good)

Please reply ASAP!!

Thanks
Let's get a couple things straight first. I am assuming you unplugged your battery before you started? Did you check both your fuse boxes? I am guessing that one or more wires have come undone when you tried to put everything back together. Are you using crimpers or electrical tape? Don't use tape if you are, it won't hold it well enough on the re-install. How many times have you disassembled them and checked them? If you've only done it once, do it again and check them thoroughly. Make sure the alarm you are installing is compatable with your car. The factory security controller should be located inside your steering column just behind the ignition switch. To install something such as a remote-start, you will have to remove the chip from your key and fasten it inside your steering column against the security controller to bypass the device or your car won't start. Whoo, that was a mouthful. Let me know if you still have problems. I'm not positive exactly what you are needing for sure, but I can help you track down the right sources.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
our wiring guide was incorrect. But then the blinkers quit working. Then located the blown fuse. And now no CRUISE CONTROL! :mad: :cussing: :arg: :banghead: :angryfire :thumbsdow

Any ideas...? I didn't see a fuse for Cruise in my manual, but I hope I just overlooked it.

That Fvcking alarm is coming out tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts