Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 1990 Mustang Gt Conv. My door locks stopped working after I had Header and Cat backs and Flow master pipes installed.

The 1990 Users Manual indicated a bad Starter relay motor I could not find any fuses just the mention of the Relay? If this was bad would the car start? My guess is something under the car did not get plugged back in any Ideas??

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
If they did "unplug" anything, it should have just been a battery terminal. There is really no good way to check to see if a relay stopped working. I would check the fuses under the dash on the driver's side and in the box under the hood.

OK, just saw you have a 1990, I dunno if that's where the fuses are in that year.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
i think the door lock acuators stop working and the exhaust install at the same time are just a coincidence. the door lock acuators on my 90 stopped working, probably just from 14 years of locking and unlocking

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
the door lock actuators are of a screw type, they tend to bind up after 10 years or so..
I've replaced both of mine..
should be ~$30 through ford.. simple to replace, too - pull the door panel off, locate the actuator, punch the center of the rivet out, drill out the rivet (1/4" drill bit) remove old actuator, install new actuator install new 1/4 inch rivet, shallow.. plug back in, and you should be set..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts