Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driver side door vinyl coming off by handle, what correct way to re glue?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Driver side door vinyl coming off by handle, what correct way to re glue?

If your talking about what I think you are, it's a common problem on these cars. Use DAP Weldwood contact cement. Can be bought at Home Depot and sometimes Walmart. Good stuff

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your talking about what I think you are, it's a common problem on these cars. Use DAP Weldwood contact cement. Can be bought at Home Depot and sometimes Walmart. Good stuff
Thanks, just ordered it!!! :dance:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Did only premium mustangs come with the Door material. Mines always been the same plastic as the rest of the door

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Did only premium mustangs come with the Door material. Mines always been the same plastic as the rest of the door

Really though I wish mine was just plastic. I have fixed it over a year ago with the contact cement and it worked great, but I swear every image or video I see of a GT premium the fabric is falling off the door panel. It's just kinda sad that it's supposed to be an upgrade they fall off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Door material falling off

I used screen door spline and a spline tool on both doors and it works great!
I think it only comes in black, grey and white though. Don't use the metal spline tool though, it is like a pizza cutter and will do some damage. I used a cheap plastic tool.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I watched a few vids on youtube and got great results. After two years mine are still looking like new.
<https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=A0LEVwpwTVlYP.UAqkZXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?p=2007+Mustang+Door+Panel+Fix+Tutorial&fr=aaplw>

Be sure to get enough glue on the edge where the door material fits into the hard plastic crease on the door card. And yes, use only plastic tools!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Really though I wish mine was just plastic. I have fixed it over a year ago with the contact cement and it worked great, but I swear every image or video I see of a GT premium the fabric is falling off the door panel. It's just kinda sad that it's supposed to be an upgrade they fall off.
Ah. I have seen a lot of mustangs with it falling off and I didn't know if mine had already fell off lol. Well I'm going to apply some red around door to make it similar to that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts