Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the passneger side door panel on my '65 coupe in order to access the door latch mechanisms inside. I don't want to damage either the door panel or the supporting boards behind them. I have never had to remove those attachment clips before and I'd like some advice and/or hints for proper removal and re-installation of the panels. What tools do I need and how can I avoid damaging the panels and the supporting boards behind them? Is there a good internet website that has a "How To" for this process? Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
the door handles either pop off or have an allen bolt holding them in place. The window cranks need a window crank tool (like $5 at an auto store). as for the panels themselves, I just carefully pryed the first few out with a screwdriver (along the bottom so it wasn't noticable if i screwed up). After I could get my hand in there, I just carefully pulled with my hand.

And for putting them back in, get all the clips lined up then just push them into place with your hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts