Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2013 mustang with shaker system. I want to change the 8" door subs to kicker 8" cvrs. Will I need to get a amp for that? Or does the shaker system already have a built in amp?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
RhoudezGt said:
I got a 2013 mustang with shaker system. I want to change the 8" door subs to kicker 8" cvrs. Will I need to get a amp for that? Or does the shaker system already have a built in amp?
You can use without an amp.. There is a factory amp.. They won't have any more power but should still sound better..

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I got the 8" in my doors, I got the Shelby GT model, which are Kicker subs, and the built in Amp om my Shaker 500 system, is fine all by itself. I also added the Shelby GT rear speakers, which are Kicker Long throw 6X8" speakers, and all speakers work excellant off the Shaker 500 system.:banana:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
KATO said:
I got the 8" in my doors, I got the Shelby GT model, which are Kicker subs, and the built in Amp om my Shaker 500 system, is fine all by itself. I also added the Shelby GT rear speakers, which are Kicker Long throw 6X8" speakers, and all speakers work excellant off the Shaker 500 system.:banana:
That sounds like a plan; thanks for the info

·
Registered
19 Posts
I believe the 2011+ (or at the very least, 2013) speakers/mounts are different than previous years. What may be a direct fit for a 2007 might not apply for a 2013. There is a thread on MustangSource forums about this going on now.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I believe the 2011+ (or at the very least, 2013) speakers/mounts are different than previous years. What may be a direct fit for a 2007 might not apply for a 2013. There is a thread on MustangSource forums about this going on now.
So, which sizes does yours have?

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
So this could be like just wiring a sub into the door. Will it fit right and have clearance? That's my only issue. That an tearing my car to pieces.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Will the door rattle at all with the aftermarket subwoofers
Well, if you put actual subwoofers in your doors, then probably yes. I'm assuming you're actually talking about component speakers, in which case, if you're worried about vibration, some Dynamat between the speaker and the door should ensure you don't have any problems.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have the Shelby Kicker 8" subs for sale $90 plus shipping.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hey I'm looking to do the same setup 8in kickers in the door how was the replacement and how much better is it over stock worth it and should I do dynamat too? I replaced the 5/7s with splines but didn't do the subs yet not sure if its really worth it any input would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
721 Posts
Added a sub to my shaker 500 system and set the treble to 2nd bar from full and bass is set at the half way point so its not to over whelming.... Its sounds amazing... The shaker is a great system you just have to set up the treble, bass and fader and you will enjoy it... Make sure the quality of the mp3 or cd you are using is a good copy if the song

·
Registered
559 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts