Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While my car was at the body shop i had some hood pins i knew the owners so i asked them if they can put them on for me they said they'll do it for free then when i went to pick up the car about a week later i didn't see them on and i asked they said the hoods fiberglass underneath and it will crack from vibrations they told me to come back if i find a way around, like a bushing or something any ideas?

·
Registered
679 Posts
While my car was at the body shop i had some hood pins i knew the owners so i asked them if they can put them on for me they said they'll do it for free then when i went to pick up the car about a week later i didn't see them on and i asked they said the hoods fiberglass underneath and it will crack from vibrations they told me to come back if i find a way around, like a bushing or something any ideas?
Why hood pins? Just for the look or do you really need them?

---------- Post added at 09:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Why hood pins? Just for the look or do you really need them?
Guess that really doesn't matter you may have to move them towards the edge of the hood. So while drilling it will have more support and it won't be to noticeable

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty much just the look, but also cause i forgot to fully close my hood an it started shaking as i was driving then i realized it wasn't closed.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

I was having the shop place them at the best spot for support they agreed and then told me i need something els so the fiberglass wont crack from vibrations.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have hood pins in my stock hood and never had a issue.. most hoods that are pined down are fiberglass... my old car had a six inch cowl and that was a pin on hood i didnt have any problems with that either.. when i get off work ill take a few pics and post them and you can see how mine are done and look

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
If you're keeping your orginal hood catch and still using it, then the hood pins don't need to be super tight and they aren't fully holding down the hood. The chrome trim ring on top should displace the force across the hood. I don't understand why they think it will be a problem.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the pictures. And yeah idk im gonna go back there and have then install them or ill end up doing it myself. Thanks guys

·
Registered
315 Posts
Mine has the original latch but i dont have to pop my hood to open it.. i push down pull the pins and then unlatch it in the center

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
does hood pins help close the hood better? for some reason my hood doesnt close perfect and wen im going 75 in the highway it shakes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts