Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you fix this to where it's solid black to match the back tint? I've went to the best tint place around here and he says there's nothing you can do with tint to make it solid black. So it's like a white line across the top of my back windshield. I don't want a decal or anything so how can I fix it?? It drives me nuts lol

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i covered the dot matrix with a piece of black 3m vinyl...doesn't mess with vision and looks great from the inside and outside

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So just go anywhere and get a nice big piece of black vinyl and take it to my tint shop and tell them to cut off the existing tint that's on my dot matrix and apply the black vinyl and it should go away?

·
Registered
598 Posts
So just go anywhere and get a nice big piece of black vinyl and take it to my tint shop and tell them to cut off the existing tint that's on my dot matrix and apply the black vinyl and it should go away?
Kind of. I'd get the 3m vinyl tape. Go to another tint shop, I'm sure one in town will have it. Many shops carry the stuff. The vinyl tape will make it so that you don't notice the matrix. It will just look black, from inside and out.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kind of. I'd get the 3m vinyl tape. Go to another tint shop, I'm sure one in town will have it. Many shops carry the stuff. The vinyl tape will make it so that you don't notice the matrix. It will just look black, from inside and out.
So the 3M vinyl is black on both sides and has an adhesive to stick to your window?

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can put glass coverage on your car and then just bust your back window out. I don't think they come with the matrix anymore. Not positive . Or some people put a price of vinyl on the inside to cover it up. Or you can sand it down and paint in black . That's what I've been told

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I've used Elmer dry clear glue (clear blue kind) with the tint instead of soup water, worked well

·
Registered
598 Posts
So the 3M vinyl is black on both sides and has an adhesive to stick to your window?
Yes, I would recommend letting a shop do it tho to ensure good adhesion

·
Registered
598 Posts
Call around to a few shops. There's gotta be one around you. It's a really common thing people want done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts