Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I replaced my stereo a while ago and i have a nice ugly gap where the casset player was. I have a 1999 stang. Was just wondering everyones thoughts on this dash install kit:

Universal Car Single Double DIN Dash Radio Installation Pocket Kit Storage Box | eBay

I dont like the free box thing on the front and the pull out shelf will be blocked by my shifter.....I think. Anyone know a better way of doing this or other ideas and pics of what they have done?

·
Registered
364 Posts
When I did mine in my 98' (we have the same dash) I pulled a little cubby out of an old ford thunderbird at the junkyard, worked great for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah see that looks really good. Ill probably have to do that then I tried using my little bros from his 2001 eclipse when I did his radio but it's way to small. Ill try the junk yard and see if I can find one.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I wish I would have just went with a nicer double din radio

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing that's the problem I just have an open space just chilling and all of my wires showing :/

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nothing that's the problem I just have an open space just chilling and all of my wires showing :/
Ohh gotcha. I have to figure something out. Have you though about some sort of dead button. The only problem with yours is that the holes are quite big. Maybe even fiberglass if your up to that kind of stuff

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ohh gotcha. I have to figure something out. Have you though about some sort of dead button. The only problem with yours is that the holes are quite big. Maybe even fiberglass if your up to that kind of stuff
Dead button? I'd have to look into the fiber glass never really messed with it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dead button? I'd have to look into the fiber glass never really messed with it
A dead button is basically what looks like a button but serves no purpose and has no functionality. It just would cover your holes. They typically put dead buttons on cars that are base model.

·
Registered
289 Posts
A proper dash kit for the car / radio can be had from a car audio shop for around $20. Buy it and be done.

·
Registered
364 Posts
A proper dash kit for the car / radio can be had from a car audio shop for around $20. Buy it and be done.
+1

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I wouldn't really recommend getting a dead button. If this guy has never delt with fiberglass before it can be a pain in the ass, and if he messes it up he'll have to get a new center betzel, plus wasted money on something he will never use again. Easiest way to go would be just buying a dash kit for around $20, or buying a little cubby out of another ford from a local pull a part/junk yard for $3 like I did..

·
Registered
35 Posts
+1

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

I wouldn't really recommend getting a dead button. If this guy has never delt with fiberglass before it can be a pain in the ass, and if he messes it up he'll have to get a new center betzel, plus wasted money on something he will never use again. Easiest way to go would be just buying a dash kit for around $20, or buying a little cubby out of another ford from a local pull a part/junk yard for $3 like I did..
Yea I mean y'all are right I'm just giving suggestions. Trying to help out as best I can

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
See I didn't know if they sold one for my car or not cause the second part isn't like other cars ass far down from the other one and back 5 more inches ill take a pick and ill look for an install kit

·
Registered
289 Posts
Sluder4 said:
See I didn't know if they sold one for my car or not cause the second part isn't like other cars ass far down from the other one and back 5 more inches ill take a pick and ill look for an install kit
If your ever in doubt metraonline enter year make and model and boom they give you all of the info you need. Trust me there is a dash kit for it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright well I guess ill have to pick up a dash kit. Gunna do some interior work with new LEDs inside so ill just go ahead and put the dash install kit in while I'm at it

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Alright well I guess ill have to pick up a dash kit. Gunna do some interior work with new LEDs inside so ill just go ahead and put the dash install kit in while I'm at it
Let me know if you are having trouble finding one Ivan check it out when I go to work they are usually around 20 bucks and another question is do you have no radio at all In the car right now?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a aftermarket one installed and working fine. Just need something to cover up that bottom hole. Ill take a picture today. I searched on the Internet they sell just a regular pocket not a dash kit like most vehicles cause of where the second pocket is positioned.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts