Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having some troubles with both O2 sensors (P0141, P0161 and P0156). I have installed new Motorcraft O2 sensors and get the same codes. The sensor wires and connectors look good.

The 141 and 161 problem is probably the heater circuit fuse. Does anyone know where that fuse is? I can’t find it on any diagram. I changed fuse #8 (20A) under the dash thinking that the description, ‘Engine Controls’ might be it, but I still got all three codes.

I‘ll look for an exhaust leak on the 156 code later.

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’m having some troubles with both O2 sensors (P0141, P0161 and P0156). I have installed new Motorcraft O2 sensors and get the same codes. The sensor wires and connectors look good.

The 141 and 161 problem is probably the heater circuit fuse. Does anyone know where that fuse is? I can’t find it on any diagram. I changed fuse #8 (20A) under the dash thinking that the description, ‘Engine Controls’ might be it, but I still got all three codes.

I‘ll look for an exhaust leak on the 156 code later.

Thanks!
I have fought those codes for over a year......even re-wired the harness to provide new sensor heater feeds, taking the codes' wording as stated. Seems those codes are used to alert awareness to the increasing need for new cats. Of course, only the Ford Techs know this........

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know what you mean. I have wondered about the cats, but I haven’t seen anything written for this to be a reason for these codes. I’m planning on getting the car up on jack stands this coming weekend and test circuits.

You have rewired your sensor heater feeds, which fuses are your wires connected to?

Thanks. I’ll post whatever I figure out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts