Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have clips or videos of your Mustang running down the strip either 1/4 or 1/8th mile - post them up!

I'm looking to start taking my car to the track soon, probably Redline Raceway in Rockwall, TX. It will be my first time ever down the track, quite nervous and I'd love to see how other folks are Staging and Driving their Mustangs. I will be running street tires, and most likely invest in an aluminum drive-shaft with a safety loop before I go down the track. Or just blow up my 2 Piece OEM drive-shaft then invest in an aftermarket one lol... Feel free to post up stories and advice along with your videos or pictures.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
280 Posts
heres mine. only had 1 problem. was on radials and the stock shifter bracket failed. it was replaced with a barton bracket. so long mis shifts.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Nice man not bad. Is it hard to hook up? Obviously if its cold it will be. I'm pretty worried about how the car will react on a track, I don't want it to get away from me.
You'll be fine, hardest parts the launch, this was in April and it was around 55 degrees but we had a really strong head wind

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been practicing launches at stop lights and such, I can usually start with traction and feed progressively into WOT but that drop into 2nd and she breaks loose big time! Of course a sticky track vs concrete road will make a difference. I wish I had a track pack lmao with the christmas tree!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dude I seriously love that V6, never been a fan of the body style on those years but that is just sick looking. That 1st shot is awesome.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
"getting away" from you is something that usually happens under very particular circumstances usually. Mainly an unaligned rear. Keep the wheel straight and you should be good.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Laugh away, But this was my first time at a track, It was the most fun I've ever had with my car!
Stock, with CAI and single Trush welded muffler, stock rims, 205/65/15 Nexen's with 1 wheel peel. No Grip, No clue, but I had a blast and ran a 17.2

Been back since then and got a 16.5 with back seats, spare tire, tool box, and a full tank of gas
1998 Mustang V6 3.8 Stock 1/4 Mile - YouTube

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
don't feel bad skargon...back in '09 was my first time on a track....sadly two cars in front of me a fox hit the wall so it didn't help my nerves lol. skip to 2:00 to see my run...that chevy got me off the line, but i caught him before the 1/8th was up. i was really happy even though i was so slow...this was all stock except for exhaust with some crappy street tires. also it was before i knew anything about anything including how to not heat up street tires lol

Mustang v6 vs Chevy v8 - YouTube

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
It's was in a closed road it was not street racing !!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

So yeah I think my car will run a low 13

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
It's was in a closed road it was not street racing !!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

So yeah I think my car will run a low 13
Yeah. Right. Closed roads are not sanctioned race tracks.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
So, you guys had emts, and fire equipment and guardrails and the cops would have not busted you? Yeah. Right.
The race track I go to doesn't have EMTs, and cops can't do a thing if its private property and your not trespassing

1 - 20 of 28 Posts