Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought rear 15x8" race star wheels now I'm try to get a suggestion on the right tire size for my setup. I got a 13 5.0 jlt cai, Mac axle back mufflers bama v2 tune stock 3:15 gears and automatic transmission stock converter. I was thinking something like 225/50/15 enough or not?

Sent from my SM-G925R7 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
275/60-15

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
No such thing as "too much tire" in the small tire arena. Your biggest holdback will be the stock converter, no matter what you have out back. The converter won't let you flash enough rpm to get into the meat of where this engine makes power so, the tire is easily going to handle it.

On my stick car I'm running an 11" wide drag slick, 28" tall, to keep under the stock rev limit at the stripe in 4th. I can drop the clutch at the track at any rpm up to 6K and it dead hooks to 1.5 60 on BBP suspension.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate the info I'm kinda new to it. Been running stock tires hoping that they prep the track really good lately they haven't and I go up in smoke off the line so I knew it was time for tires. And I was afraid to big of a tire would bog me down at launch but that's good info

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I bought rear 15x8" race star wheels now I'm try to get a suggestion on the right tire size for my setup. I got a 13 5.0 jlt cai, Mac axle back mufflers bama v2 tune stock 3:15 gears and automatic transmission stock converter. I was thinking something like 225/50/15 enough or not?
Hey Pound - Grabber below is 100% correct. Listen to this guy, he knows his way around a tire or two!

Let me know if you have any questions at all and I'm here to help.

275/60-15

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey grabber blue5.0 I a buddy of mine had a set of Mickey Thompson et street 275 50 15 he let me mount them on my wheels. Well they didn't help me when I made some test hits on the streets and I was disappointed my 60ft was the same as if I had my traction control on. I couldn't stall up no higher than 18 grand the car won't open up until around 3200 any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Well those are not the tires we suggested. It's possible the track isn't doing a good job of prepping the surface. What's your suspension consist of?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stock suspension plus I was on the street testing I just tried those before I bought some since I had access to em. They stopped me from spinning I mean dead hooked but almost feels like I'm bogging down until I get around 3200. I was wondering if I should go with a competition tire instead of a drag radial until I get a converter or gear? Something like toyo r888 or nitto nt555

·
Registered
575 Posts
Here are some 275-60-15's on my SVE wheels.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 12 of 12 Posts