Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not rain driven or snow driven: won't even drive if it is sprinkling. Want drag radials so bad. What's the best? Always thinking Nitto because that's what's on now. But radials don't have a lot of tread at all. Mickey Thompson ET street radial? Input guys, thanks for the replies. also, I have 10 inch wide tires in the rear. Don't really care about the front.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Idk if you can get long life out of a drag radial. As what is best there's many opinions on this. I ran Hoosiers and nothing but good stuff about them sticky but mines didn't last long as I tracked it and dragged it

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my track is out til february, I don't do burnouts and I won't track the car but a couple time every couple months.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Look at treadwear ratings. Your Mt Dr and hoodies are likely to be around 100AA. If you want a little longer and street able life check out the falken azensis 615. They're a sick street tire and you can launch hard on them. My buddy has had then all summer and with about 10k km on them they have plenty of tread left. That includes a bunch of burnout too.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
muscledom said:
Does not compute. Just ordered my NT555Rs. The tread wear is 100............ Lmao
That's what I was thinking but idk.. Plus I think a drag radial looks sick on a 3v

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
What about the NTO5R? That a TRUE drag radial.
Never heard anything about em, stay away from nitto drag radials tho

There's a reason why EVERYONE at the track uses ET streets or Hoosiers

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Where do u live and how strick are police
Strict about what? Drag radials are DOT approved, I live in joliet 30mins outside of downtown Chicago

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Strict about what? Drag radials are DOT approved, I live in joliet 30mins outside of downtown Chicago
I was going to say get slicks and use them but idk how strict ur cops are slicks hook a lot better

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I was going to say get slicks and use them but idk how strict ur cops are slicks hook a lot better
Oh cops won't care, my buddy daily drove slicks 40 miles a day, just don't get into an accident because if they see those tires you'll be in alot of trouble

·
The Blue Dragon
5,661 Posts
nittos are more of a street DR where as the MT are more of a strip DR. I say go with the nittos, I know about a dozen high hp guys using nitto DRs on the street and they're pretty damn good. the MT are a drag slick with lines cut in them for DOT approval. they even has bias ply wrinkle walls, which is exactly how the sidewalls of slicks are made. I would get the 555R or the 05R. or maybe even look at th michelin Pilot Sport PS2, pretty sticky and I've seen lots of people get 30k+ out of them.

not a DR but pretty good street tire

well crap I tried to insert a pic but it didn't work, just google michelin PS2

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cops aren't strict at all. I don't wanna go with slicks becuz the throw you ALL over the road. But the ET seem way too slick for me. nittos, as said before, are more of a street DR so I think Nitto might be it...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts