Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who her has a 2.3 turbo where the turbo is behind the engine I think there called draw threw turbos

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Ok I think ur taking about a draw trough caberator it is what u have to have to run forced induction on a carbourated cars

·
Registered
75 Posts
that's a "blow through" carb. draw theough uses the engine vaccuum to draw the air into the engine. blow through is what is used on a turbocharged car

---------- Post added at 05:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

its a rear mount turbo setup. kinda like a stock powerstroke or a foreign car with the exhaust manifold comin off the rear of the motor. there's also a remote mount turbo setup. look em up man now that you got some basic info. good luck

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
There's an blow through and draw through set ups the 2.3 turbo pace cars were draw through but u can get fuel injection for the price of one to put on ur 2.3t

·
Registered
160 Posts
that's a "blow through" carb. draw theough uses the engine vaccuum to draw the air into the engine. blow through is what is used on a turbocharged car
there are two different set ups for a turbo motor, draw through and blow through.

a draw through motor means that the turbo is downstream of the carb or throttle body, and there is only atmospheric pressure on the fuel delivery system.

a blow through system is where the turbo is upstream of the carb or throttle body, and the fuel delivery system does see boost pressure.

each has their advantages and disadvantages, and each has ways to overcome the disadvantages.

i prefer the blow through system for EFI cars as the only thing you need to install in the system is a blow off valve to prevent damaging the turbo system.

a draw through system requires that the turbo bearing be properly sealed to prevent fuel from damaging the bearing and shortening the life of the turbo.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
there are two different set ups for a turbo motor, draw through and blow through.

a draw through motor means that the turbo is downstream of the carb or throttle body, and there is only atmospheric pressure on the fuel delivery system.

a blow through system is where the turbo is upstream of the carb or throttle body, and the fuel delivery system does see boost pressure.

each has their advantages and disadvantages, and each has ways to overcome the disadvantages.

i prefer the blow through system for EFI cars as the only thing you need to install in the system is a blow off valve to prevent damaging the turbo system.

a draw through system requires that the turbo bearing be properly sealed to prevent fuel from damaging the bearing and shortening the life of the turbo.
Nice info

1 - 6 of 6 Posts