Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Cobra SVT convertible. Yesterday the driver's window stopped working. All of the other windows work. When I depress the rocker switch, I hear a clicking sound and the interior lights slightly dim. Based on this, I believe the switch is OK and power is getting to the relay. Need advice. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
17,969 Posts
Switch is good. My guess is the regulator. Which you can do yourself but prepare your 4 letter vocabulary.

·
Registered
8,490 Posts
It sounds like the motor is working.
I haven't had the opportunity to remove one of these window motors, but older Ford motors have three little nylon bushings that act as shock absorbers for the motor. When they wear out, the motor will make a clicking sound. It sounds like a gear is stripped.
On the older motors, you can buy a rebuld kit. The only thing that you really need to replace are the bushings though.
You have to remove the motor to rebuild it, just the same as if you were replacing the whole thing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hold the window switch the direction you want it to go and bang the door panel with your fist near the speaker. If it starts working its definitely the motor

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've had my 2002 gt vert for just over a year. Same thing happens. But it is only when it is above 85 and humid. It just needs a little love tap behind the speaker like he said. Hold the switch down when you do it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts