Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off my mufflers to give them a polish and noticed that my drivers side midpipe was significantly lower than my passenger side. Before I bought my new mufflers I had noticed the difficulty with allignment and when I took them off to check, it seems like the Pipe is smushed from the top and bottom.

I dont think it is supposed to be like this, but It looks like to perfect of an indentation for it to be from me hitting something and it is also crushed down a little on top.

Is this supposed to be like this? (only on drivers side).

pics soon.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
mine seems to be a little like that, but I don't know if it's been damaged or not. I also noticed it when i was putting in my mufflers.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
They are supposed to have these bends and almost dented appearance. They did this because of the way the manifolds are placed. It starts out at say for example a 1/16 inch tolerance and by the end of 10 feet its maybe an 1 3/4. Or because of the seay or pan hard bar on the driver side

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I though too but it just seems weird that the drivers side muffler won't hardly fit on the car because of it, unless you think it is something else.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Thats what I though too but it just seems weird that the drivers side muffler won't hardly fit on the car because of it, unless you think it is something else.
It has to be that bar. I had to drop that bar when I took mine out. It doesn't set straight either, I think that is why.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well to put my mufflers on I had to have someone hold the pipe up so the pipe on the muffler could connect to it. Just seems off

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Well to put my mufflers on I had to have someone hold the pipe up so the pipe on the muffler could connect to it. Just seems off
I feel your pain lol I did mine by myself on our car lift. I wished I had called my friends over to help but I had a math class tht morning lol these cars have major engineering flaws

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just put on Magnaflow Street Catbacks and was going to ask about these pictures myself. It appears to have been done on purpose.

**images removed by me, attached below**

1 - 13 of 13 Posts