Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I was wondering what is wrong with my driver side window. I rolled it all the way down like I have been normally doing and it won't go back up. The passenger side will roll up but not the drivers side. I just used GUNK engine degreaser to clean my rngine. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. By the way never use that stuff it's horrible and it didn't do anything. And also I can hear a fuse clicking by the pedals when I try to roll up the window.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind I got it fixed. I slammed the door while holding up on the button. Is there any way to keep this from happening though? Both my windows squeak when they roll up! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
The lift motor for the window probably needs to be replaced. I think that some guys have found that they can avoid getting the window stuck by not rolling it down completely.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The lift motor for the window probably needs to be replaced. I think that some guys have found that they can avoid getting the window stuck by not rolling it down completely.
Okay I will check on my motor if I have another problem! Thankyou!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I've had that interment problem also. Sometimes it doesn't like to roll down but it always comes up. When I slam the door it works. I can't imagine what it could be.

Sent from the mothership.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
My drivers window is really slow when rolling it up specially if I do both at the same. Mines likes to squeak too but that comes and goes

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Window motor or regulator is going bad. It's very common in these cars. Happened to mine and I fixed it the same way you did. Then a week later it went out for good. Swapped the motor and it's been rolling up and down faster than ever.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

·
Registered
285 Posts
it's Pretty easy, there is a you tube video on how to take the door cover off you will need to drill out the rivets holding the window glass in.

there might be a window replacement video too, you will have to check

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Shouldn't be hard you will need a rivet gun to install new motor

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
285 Posts
That's why i used the nylocs, they have a nylon tip that prevents the nut from backing off due to vibration.

They have been in my car for over a year with no issues.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
That's why i used the nylocs, they have a nylon tip that prevents the nut from backing off due to vibration.

They have been in my car for over a year with no issues.
Good to know thanks for that info

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts