Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard that some people take an aluminum drive shaft out of a van and put it in our cars but idk what van it's from. Does anyone know what I'm talking about haha? Thanks

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've heard that some people take an aluminum drive shaft out of a van and put it in our cars but idk what van it's from. Does anyone know what I'm talking about haha? Thanks
If I had to take a guess it would probably be a windstar. Seems like if you can pick up one of those from a junk yard you can swap out a lot of parts for some good performance upgrades lol.

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
brooksyx said:
If I had to take a guess it would probably be a windstar. Seems like if you can pick up one of those from a junk yard you can swap out a lot of parts for some good performance upgrades lol.
Windstar is fwd, no driveshaft.

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
deadsp0t said:
The older Aerostar vans are RWD? I still believe itd be too long
I had the same thought. They are rwd but doubt its the right length.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
At that point you might as well get yourself a new aluminum driveshaft that fits.
For what it costs(in my area) to shorten an aluminum DS and balance it, you'd be $ for $ with a FRP unit and have a better shaft with the FRP unit.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Okay at first I was thinking this might be a hackjob but started thinking about it because I am related to someone who used to have a Aerostar.

Alright apparently if you get the driveshaft out of a AWD Aerostar it will be aluminum and it will fit the Mustang you just need to swap the yokes. The RWD Aerostar is the wrong size and if it is stock it will be a steel driveshaft. I remember thier being a problem with the steel shafts and a lot of them were swapped to a aftermarket aluminum shaft by the dealers. So if you go to a junkyard make sure you check what you are getting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts