Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i dont want to break my stock shaft and goals just make it faster this car has potential

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
well i dont want to break my stock shaft and goals just make it faster this car has potential
Based upon your statement, one can draw a conclusion your very interested in traveling at high speeds such as 130 plus. This would be the only suspected reason your concern the driveshaft would break. Based on this I would go with installing a one piece aluminum driveshaft as a first mod that way you can begin your goal of high speeds. Then, go with gears.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Based upon your statement, one can draw a conclusion your very interested in traveling at high speeds such as 130 plus. This would be the only suspected reason your concern the driveshaft would break. Based on this I would go with installing a one piece aluminum driveshaft as a first mod that way you can begin your goal of high speeds. Then, go with gears.
how fast can you go with out breaking the ds if you have gears bama tune

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thats kind of debatable but to be on the safer side of things, one should stay under 130 mph with stock DS. How fast do you want to go? What is your goal of top speed you want to travel?
I agree, but like you said to be on the safe side.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 PM ----------

Are we talking track or street use? Because anything around 130 should only be at the track! Saftey first.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats kind of debatable but to be on the safer side of things, one should stay under 130 mph with stock DS. How fast do you want to go? What is your goal of top speed you want to travel?
its not a goal to go up that fast more like racing wise track or street

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Do the Drive shaft first.

Do the drive shaft and then when you get more $$$$ do the gears. The lower ratio gears will cause your drive shaft to spin faster at highway speeds. The one Piece shaft is lighter and stronger and being lighter will actually make your car seem to have more power. The Drive Shaft will also give you piece of mind. When you do put your gears in and re tune for the gears you just take off the speed limiter and enjoy.

Ronnie

·
Registered
730 Posts
That's what I got also. Back to the post...gears or ds? Lol

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

If you want off the line speed do gears. If your more concerned with top end go ds.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
That's what I got also. Back to the post...gears or ds? Lol

---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

If you want off the line speed do gears. If your more concerned with top end go ds.
Yes sir. Totally agree which was why I was wondering what the goal for the OP was. When the OP indicated he didn't want to break his driveshaft which to me meant they wanted to drive at high speeds. if not high speeds why would the stock driveshaft break at normal lower speeds. So , OP how fast are you looking to travel in your pony?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Yes sir. Totally agree which was why I was wondering what the goal for the OP was. When the OP stated he didn't want to break his driveshaft that to me meant they wanted to drive at high speeds because if not high speeds why would the stock driveshaft break at normal lower speeds. So , OP how fast are you looking to travel in your pony?
You also forget that there is mass hysteria at work. It seems like every v6 owner is worried about breaking his driveshaft....

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes sir. Totally agree which was why I was wondering what the goal for the OP was. When the OP indicated he didn't want to break his driveshaft which to me meant they wanted to drive at high speeds. if not high speeds why would the stock driveshaft break at normal lower speeds. So , OP how fast are you looking to travel in your pony?
talking about racing wise

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
You also forget that there is mass hysteria at work. It seems like every v6 owner is worried about breaking his driveshaft....
Lol. Very true. Consumers with the v6 models sure seem to be concerned about that DS exploding. I'm not worried but then again I don't plan on driving my pony at speeds of 130 plus. Now my pony may of seen triple digits every now and again but never 130 mph. Lol

1 - 20 of 69 Posts