Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently rebuilt my clutch etc, I got my driveshaft on, but im having trouble getting it torqued down, I have 2 jack stands, 2 jacks. One jack is 20in of lift four ton. The other is 15in of lift or so and 2 ton. I need to get more room and jacking it up on the rear alone (using frame rails) doesn't help. Where else can I not only use as a jack point but a stand point. Do I need to use thread locker? Also I was doing some work under the car and I noticed a small (dryish) trail from right where the main rear seal is... the thing is I just replaced it with a new one and I don't want to tear down again is it possible its leaking??! :banghead:

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
Yes. And use threadlock. Not sure about your mainseal, but if there's alot of miles on the engine the seal wears a groove in the crank.

·
Banned
422 Posts
Iv never used a torque wrench on a driveshaft and iv pulled them off of numerous vehicles. I just tighten them up as much as i can with a wrench and use some locktite. And check to make sure they didnt start backing out after a little driving

·
Banned
7,594 Posts
Iv never used a torque wrench on a driveshaft and iv pulled them off of numerous vehicles. I just tighten them up as much as i can with a wrench and use some locktite. And check to make sure they didnt start backing out after a little driving
Yeah true dat yo. Lol
I use a swivel on my impact.

·
Registered
8,505 Posts
Lmao. Swivel and an impact!!?!? I didn't even think of that. Really, the job could probably be done with the car on the ground, using a combination of swivels and long extensions. Lol.

·
Banned
422 Posts
I lay on my back and slide under with a 12 point 12mm wrench lol but my car isnt lowered any and im just a little fella so its not much trouble for me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts