Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello i found this in germany on EBay. can anybody tell me if this driveshaft fits on my 3,7 2013? ……Is there a difference between the years of construction v6 and whether manual/automatic transmission?

Description EBay Seller
'‘Sell an aluminum cardan shaft for a Ford Mustang. I bought this here on eBay classifieds as it was advertised for a 2006 Ford Mustang with V6 and manual transmission. It definitely does NOT fit this vehicle! The flanges on the gearbox and differential fit (with 4 screws on both sides for fastening), but the shaft is about 10 cm too short. So I suspect (!!!) that the shaft is intended for this model (S197) with automatic transmission. Have the flanges cleaned and repainted. I have installed new 1330 universal joints from Lakewood (high performance, cost 60 euros per universal joint, cannot be greased). The shaft itself has been repainted, only got a few scratches from the test installation. Otherwise in great condition. Private sale, no exchange or return. The total length is approx. 136 cm, +/- 2-3 cm with the sliding piece. Please check before buying whether the length fits! Price includes shipping within Germany.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,020 Posts
Sorry, I can’t help with that. Hopefully someone will jump in with the answer.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hello i found this in germany on EBay. can anybody tell me if this driveshaft fits on my 3,7 2013? ……Is there a difference between the years of construction v6 and whether manual/automatic transmission?

Description EBay Seller
'‘Sell an aluminum cardan shaft for a Ford Mustang. I bought this here on eBay classifieds as it was advertised for a 2006 Ford Mustang with V6 and manual transmission. It definitely does NOT fit this vehicle! The flanges on the gearbox and differential fit (with 4 screws on both sides for fastening), but the shaft is about 10 cm too short. So I suspect (!!!) that the shaft is intended for this model (S197) with automatic transmission. Have the flanges cleaned and repainted. I have installed new 1330 universal joints from Lakewood (high performance, cost 60 euros per universal joint, cannot be greased). The shaft itself has been repainted, only got a few scratches from the test installation. Otherwise in great condition. Private sale, no exchange or return. The total length is approx. 136 cm, +/- 2-3 cm with the sliding piece. Please check before buying whether the length fits! Price includes shipping within Germany.

I cannot find the driveshaft length anywhere for our v6's. My advice is to measure your shaft and if it matches go for it. It looks right to me. It has the right flanges and the length appears correct. I did find the length of a 2015 v6 mustang and it matches your number at 53.5 inches.
Driveshaft - Aluminum, 3.5" OD, 1350 Series (Mustang | V6 | 2015-17 | Manual)
  • Material: Aluminum
  • Series: 1350
  • Tube Diameter: 3.5" OD
  • Overall Length: 53.504"
  • Vehicle: Ford
  • Model: Mustang V6
  • Year: 2015 - 2017
  • Transmission: Manual
Type: Conversion Driveshaft | Sku: 10045512

https://www.actionmachineinc.com/collections/one-piece-aluminum-driveshaft-for-the-ford-mustang

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok i think i messure ist out.
Apart from the weight, is there another difference to the original drive shaft? The v6 does not actually have two-part drive-like, or do I judge it wrong?

·
Dragon Tail Master
1,355 Posts
Mustang GT for 2005-10 was 136CM, Mustang GT for the 2011-14 is 143CM and if you go by the 2015-17 the V6 is 24MM longer so I do not think it will work. All measurement are from Spicer's page.
Edit: The V6 driveshaft for 2005-10 was longer the an the GT also the reason it did not fit his car.
As for the difference in driveshafts, the stock Mustang V6 driveshaft has the slip joint in the middle and has been known to come apart at around 134 MPH and on the dyno with automatic cars on the deceleration after a pull, the Aluminum shaft has the slip joint at the end and it 19-29 pounds lighter and almost twice as strong.

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mustang GT for 2005-10 was 136CM, Mustang GT for the 2011-14 is 143CM and if you go by the 2015-17 the V6 is 24MM longer so I do not think it will work. All measurement are from Spicer's page.
Edit: The V6 driveshaft for 2005-10 was longer the an the GT also the reason it did not fit his car.
As for the difference in driveshafts, the stock Mustang V6 driveshaft has the slip joint in the middle and has been known to come apart at around 134 MPH and on the dyno with automatic cars on the deceleration after a pull, the Aluminum shaft has the slip joint at the end and it 19-29 pounds lighter and almost twice as strong.
Ok 👌 then an new one for my v6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts