Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
i'll tell you how long my 4 cyl one holds up with a 8 psi 5.0, lol are you going powerdyne? which headunit?

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Powerdyne w/ a BD-11A Headunit. i was tryin to get an idea of how long my t-5 tranny would last because i'll be broke after i get the s/c

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
cool, i should be picking up a bd-11a @ 8 psi this weekend or sometime next week

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
its all in the driver and the care you take of your stuff... if you change the fluid alot like every year to inspect it and keep an eye on the trans, take it easy on it most of the time it will go very very far....

my friends 90 lx has a t-5 that has 140k miles on it... it was put though low low maintence for 100 k miles then he got it and then swaped it to his 350hp 302 and its been doing fine wiht tons of hp and tq on it... so just take care of it and it will do quite well, but you abuse it the wrong way ONE time its all toast....

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ok. so its all in the driving habits. the amount of hp wont hurt it itself, its how the hp is used.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
if you drop the clutch alot with all that power it will be gone fast, but if you drive normal and maintain it it will last a long time

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i only plan to open up boost on weekends as i will be going to the track with our club on just about every other weekend. plus it will be nice to have for certain in-town situations.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
232stang said:
if you drop the clutch alot with all that power it will be gone fast, but if you drive normal and maintain it it will last a long time
:uhh: oops

1 - 11 of 11 Posts