Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 95 auto v6 and about 700 dollars to spend. Im thinking about getting some 4.10's and tlok. Also iv heard about torque converters for autos. Should i get one of those to and a shift kit? thx any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
A PI torque converter is around $600. I would instead get the 4.10 gears, tlok and shift kit first it is one of the best mods for the money period!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
a used PI is about $600. A brand new one will run you about 700 or so plus ~$200 for install. It is an amazing mod, but get some 4.10s with tlock and a 23 tooth speedo gear installed for that money and you'll feel a large difference as well

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where should i buy the gears and tlok. Aslo where do i get the instal kit for the gears?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
tealstangman said:
I got an 95 auto v6 and about 700 dollars to spend. Im thinking about getting some 4.10's and tlok. Also iv heard about torque converters for autos. Should i get one of those to and a shift kit? thx any help appreciated.
Get the speedcal not the speedo gear. Its accurate

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. But where should I buy the gears and tlok. Also I need the install kit to. Where do i buy that?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Gef is has good prices but they are often time out of tloks. When I ordered mine I ended up getting one from West Coast Differential at www.differentials.com because GEF was out They have about the same prices

I will mention one thing is GEF's return policies suck. Paul Greenflash00 ordered a 4.10 ring and pinion set and had it installed and it made a racket. he took it back to the shop and tried for 2 days to get it right. The shop said it was warped. Paul contacted GEF and they told him once itr was installed they would not take it back but they would give him a 10% discount on the next one he bought???? That sucks. He went to Midwest and ordered one and thwe shop installed it with no problems.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why cant i install it myself?

·
Registered
941 Posts
requires a measuring tool costing 150 and you would have no idea what to measure or how. trust us on this, get it installed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I live in Las Vegas, does anyone know of a place here to get them installed? Also how much am i looking to spend?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah I'd never take take it too ford. I'll see if my friend can help me out he works at factorx. well thx for all your help. Cant wait to get my gears and tlok.:headbang:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Would it be a better idea just to go for the 8.8 if im planin on adding a sc? Also does the 8.8 directly swap out with the 7.5 and can i do that myself. but then do i still have to have someone install gears?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:feedback: I want to get the 8.8. Does it come with the gears already installed and can i do this myself??? Will it fit on my v6 without any mods. also where should i buy it?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
some will come with gears already installed. Some will have them taken out to save weight on shipping. If installed, then you can installed the rear end yourself. It will bolt up directly very easily.

www.speedconcepts.net is where you can buy it

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thx man

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does anyone know of a place where 4.10's are already installed in the 8.8?? or would the 3.73 work ok since i have an auto

1 - 20 of 27 Posts