Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my car is parked and idling, the rpm will drop to about 350, make a grumbling noise, and the car shakes as if about to die. A buddy of mine said it's probably fuel injection which makes sense. Anybody have this problem or any advice?

2012 Kona Blue MCA 3.7
Ford Racing Axelbacks
Airaid CAI

·
Registered
210 Posts
This happens somewhat on my 2014 manual. Some people said its the fans kicking on to keep the temperature low, like prima said it could be FI's but my car is new with 11k miles on it, started happening since I bought the thing. Only mods that would contribute to a variable would be a MAF through a different airbox intake or something else going on if you have a tune. My car never has stalled though since I bought it even with a 93 octane tune and a Steeda CAI during idle

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's got 61,000 miles. I'll clean the air filter and see what happens from there. I'll let you know

2012 Kona Blue MCA 3.7
Ford Racing Axelbacks
Airaid CAI

·
Registered
765 Posts
61000 miles.
Clean the air filter
Clean maf sensor
Change out plugs and wires because they are due if your still running stock ones. If you recently put on an aftermarket intake and didn't pay for a good one. Take it back off and go back to stock.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's an airaid cold air intake. It was on the car when I bought it and apparently had a tune to go with it. That was what the dealer said the previous owner had done.

2012 Kona Blue MCA 3.7
Ford Racing Axelbacks
Airaid CAI

·
Registered
203 Posts
Is your front defroster on? When the defroster is on it runs the air conditioning and it could be the pump cycling. Although 350 seems like a big dip

Sent from my LG-AS811 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have a tuner unfortunately

2012 Kona Blue MCA 3.7
Ford Racing Axelbacks
Airaid CAI

·
Registered
227 Posts
That is a common problem on our cars. I fixed mine by setting the tune to a higher idle rpm. Think I set it to 700-750.

·
Super Moderator
17,930 Posts
It's an airaid cold air intake. It was on the car when I bought it and apparently had a tune to go with it. That was what the dealer said the previous owner had done.

2012 Kona Blue MCA 3.7
Ford Racing Axelbacks
Airaid CAI
Oh god... get a tuner and flash a tune for what you have so you know exactly what is going on. One of the biggest red flags of them all is a car with an unknown tune or "the dealer said".

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I know. I'm just buried in some bills right now so once I get the least bit caught up I'll snag an SCT and get her running smoothly again

2012 Kona Blue MCA 3.7
Ford Racing Axelbacks
Airaid CAI

·
Registered
249 Posts
My car does the same but only if I rev it and it doesn't go so low I've heard it's normal for the car but don't know what exactly it is

1 - 13 of 13 Posts