Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my previous impression from driving an auto was really bad, but this time it didn't seem as horrendous. the jerry spec and shift kit autos are pretty cool and would probably outshift my non powershifting butt.

on another note, i went to the store to get oil and filter for it (it's a friend's car, she needs an oil change!)... i had my shirt off and the steering wheel had the pink fuzzy thing that some girls have on it, and she had a britney spears song on, "toxic" (it's grown on me, i like it now, what can i say?!), and a truck with a couple of guys rolled up and pointed and laughed at me, i thought it was funny and laughed too. :)

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I need a shift kit, I went up against a BMW the other night and the guy just whooped me. Damn quick german cars -__- the only way I can get away with trying to make my car shift quicker when I gun it is once it hits 5000 RPMs I take my foot off the gas for a split second and then hit it again and my car just keeps roaring along. Otherwise when it hits 5000 RPMs it goes alittle above the 5000 RPM mark making the car sound loud with the roar but once it automatically changes to the next gear it feels like I've slowed down some. I hope this is making sense lol

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seph said:
I need a shift kit, I went up against a BMW the other night and the guy just whooped me. Damn quick german cars -__- the only way I can get away with trying to make my car shift quicker when I gun it is once it hits 5000 RPMs I take my foot off the gas for a split second and then hit it again and my car just keeps roaring along. Otherwise when it hits 5000 RPMs it goes alittle above the 5000 RPM mark making the car sound loud with the roar but once it automatically changes to the next gear it feels like I've slowed down some. I hope this is making sense lol
yeah, from the few BMW's i've driven, they are good performing automatics. i have driven tons of MBenz's and can safely say their autos suck for what you pay. you'd think they'd shift harder, but i am guessing most older folks that can afford them and many women want a nice smooth shift and not a fast, hard one. i am impressed with GM autos, or at least fbod A4's.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
austin, did you ever drive my car? i think you would have changed your mind on my automatic. with the shift kit, torque converter, 4.10s, etc.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Monkey said:
austin, did you ever drive my car? i think you would have changed your mind on my automatic. with the shift kit, torque converter, 4.10s, etc.
tire said:
the jerry spec and shift kit autos are pretty cool and would probably outshift my non powershifting butt.
stfu.

and learn to drive a manual! :D

the only contact me and my car has had with you and your car is when you ran over my jack stand. you had already started going back to stock.

edit - oh, i broke a record! only 10 spilled drops of oil total, i rule! just changed a friend's oil on the auto i was talking about.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Shahrum said:
There's like 7 on ebay... anyone know what the part # is??? ExtremeEffect.com has one but it says for 92-95??? WTF mates... I need some 99+ shiznat
talk to brandon (monkey), he knows all that shiat.

yeah a cooler is a good idea from every single person i've talked to (that knows what they're talking about).

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
all automatics have a tranny cooler in the radiator. people just get an aftermarket one to rig up after the factory one. this further cools the tranny fluid.

shahrum - just look for the B&M or superior that is for either AODE or 4R70W. both are the right one.

austin - i know how to drive manual already punk. took me 2 days foo' :)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Monkey said:
all automatics have a tranny cooler in the radiator. people just get an aftermarket one to rig up after the factory one. this further cools the tranny fluid.
DUUHHH But the factory one is insufficient for Modded performance cars especially in hot climate areas

Monkey said:
shahrum - just look for the B&M or superior that is for either AODE or 4R70W. both are the right one.
I have a Hayden Tranny cooler they are a good product also. you can see the cooler behind the mustang in the bumper

Monkey said:
austin - i know how to drive manual already punk. took me 2 days foo' :)
Damn !!!! Actually had manuals for all my life and even though I miss shifting sometimes, I enjoy the freedom my right hand and left foot have not working so hard in traffic

·
Registered
614 Posts
How do you install a) a tranny cooler and b) a shift kit? And does a shift kit accomplish what is referred to as "modifying shift points" that aftermarket computer chips such as SuperChip do?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I need to figure out if I'm gonna put a 6 speed on my 6er or just not worry about the 6 speed till i buy the v8...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
tire said:
let's race.

bring it. your clean stang w/ weld's and lca's with no engine upgrades wont be a challenge. i bet i can beat you w/o even going over 5k rpms :p :p

1 - 20 of 34 Posts