Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439484617.189739.jpg so from my understanding of this picture of a v6 exhaust system and the v8's system is that the only difference is the mid pipe and the duals correct? My question is, I'm looking at an x pipe and gt take offs to buy right now, would it fit to get a catted x pipe and bolt that up to my factory headers and gt take offs to bolt up after the x pipe and install that on my car? Would there be any problems relocating O2 sensor? Would check engine light come on? Can't get any help back over in pre 2005 v6 so thought I'd come to the OG's for help lmao ??

Hear me before you see me

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
It will not bolt right up no, you will be much better off getting a conversion kit from somewhere or taking it to an exhaust shop to have something fabbed.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scotty if I was to go ahead and buy the gt take offs and not the x pipe and take it to a shop could they engineer something to fit the take offs or do I need a mid pipe? Also about how much would it be for a shop to install and connect them if it is possible?

Hear me before you see me

·
Super Moderator
17,968 Posts
Can't tell you how much a shop would charge. You could do a GT catback though you'd just have to take it to a shop and have them make a mid pipe.

Honestly I would just buy one of the dual conversion kits from AM... probably going to save yourself a headache, get a better sound/performance and it'll bolt right up.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I would advise against an x pipe on the 3.8. Go with an H or better still a Mac Prochamber. I've had all three on my last Mustang. The Mac Prochamber gave it by far the best sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts