Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been debating for a while whether to buy a divorced dual exhaust or duals with an h pipe. I'm going for Flowmaster 40s and I've heard both systems and i like them both. But I wanted to know from my sixxers out there if the h pipe gives any extra HP gains. I've read around that it does give gains and others say they don't and is not worth it. So if anyone can share their experiences and knowledge, I'd appreciate it so I can finally put duals on my baby!

·
Registered
322 Posts
ramosjose16 said:
So I've been debating for a while whether to buy a divorced dual exhaust or duals with an h pipe. I'm going for Flowmaster 40s and I've heard both systems and i like them both. But I wanted to know from my sixxers out there if the h pipe gives any extra HP gains. I've read around that it does give gains and others say they don't and is not worth it. So if anyone can share their experiences and knowledge, I'd appreciate it so I can finally put duals on my baby!
Go h pipe, it makes your 6er sound more like a v8 and gives better top end power. Hp gains, you can see around 5-7hp for either setup. With the addition of a cai, rear end gears, and a tune your v6 will be a whole different car.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Agreed. I had an x pipe on my old sixxer and after that I want to get a h pipe. I had divorced on my old sixxer also an it sounded good but not deep enough for me

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
first off nothing will give you the v8 tone...that's not a displacement issue or an exhaust issue...but a firing issue (odd vs even)

that being said you can really have an awesome sounding sixxer. What's nice is there's so many different tones our cars can produce from an importish tone to a deeper throaty sound.

now for your hpipe question it's not a power gain because you're an even firing engine, however it really does change up the tone of your exhaust. As well as in most cases shift the power band lightly. you may lose some low end but don't worry it'll be in the top end.

your muffler choice is good for my taste however everyone is different. Check out youtube and listen to as many exhausts as you can handle. Hope that helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts