Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i would assume it would sound like my current setup with is a mac prochamber and no mufflers...

skip to 1:00 if you wanna by-pass my old prochamber & flow 40 setup...

exhaust change up - YouTube

in person it's not a horrible sound, but i will say it drones like crazy on the interstate. has a great tone when taking off though and when idling confuses people lol.

---------- Post added at 11:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

sorry it's not pretty...it's just a tossed together setup till i can find the right mufflers to go with all my SS tubing i have ready to go on

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
form what i've found diagram wise on line it's pretty close..it's got a single chamber where the exhaust x pipes into...it's a very strange design lol but i love how it made my GT sound so i stuck it on my sixxer..and i like how it made it sound

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
yeah that's it...such a strange singe chambered midpipe lol. but i love it...

what's your current setup?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my current setup is just a muffler delete with all 4 cats. It sounds a little bit better with the rebuildt 4.2 and the slightly different cam.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i'd reccomend going to a dual setup with a nice chambered muffler setup. i honestly am getting tired of no mufflers after having it like this for about 8 months...

·
Registered
420 Posts
lemons95 said:
I was thinking you could use a muffler like this
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcsstore/CVWEB/staticproductimage//N3333D/large/20290654_flo_9525454_pri_larg.jpg
and just use it as a mid pipe and have dual straight pipes from the muffler back.
would it work? would it sound "okay".
the engine it would be used on is a 4.2 with singleport and whatever cam they used in the 1997 f150 v6.
I like that idea, I was looking for an x pipe but never thought of this. Right now I'm running divorced duals with two glass packs and wanted to add an X pipe. But what about a Dual in/out cherry bomb extreme. It's a single chamber muffler, but I'm sure you know that haha but I would think that would work better than a flow 44. But I'm not sayin a 44 would sound bad either

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think it would be louder and probably better.
I was actually looking at using the flowmaster super 40. I wanted a original 40 but they don't have dual in dual out for it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
lemons95 said:
I was actually looking at using the flowmaster super 40. I wanted a original 40 but they don't have dual in dual out for it.
Hmm I've never heard a super 40 on our cars
But I'm sure it would sound really good

·
Registered
421 Posts
lemons95 said:
Super 40's are just like the original 40's just a little raspy but the same loudness.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts