Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been lookin at some sites, callin some numbers...

i'm told that MAC doesn't make long tube v6 headers... yet i've seen pics of them on this very website lol... where do i buy them?

if i manage to get the longtubes, would i be best off going with an H pipe or Xpipe? (i want my stang to stay street legal, as it's my only car)

and i'm told by the salespeople that flowmaster is the way to go, but here i've read mostly bad things about them. are the salespeople just tryin to up their commission at my expense? what would be more cost effective than flowmaster?

bottom line, i want the most for my money, and i want maximum potential for when i start adding gears and superchargers and things of that nature...

help?

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright, some H and X pipes have the "with cats" option, which, i believe is catalytic converters... am i best off to have these or to leave them off?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Leave them on. Personally, a V6 without the CATS (which are the catalitic converters, correct) sounds like hell. They dont do anything for performance gains if you take them off.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so what H pipe should i get? i'm ordering the long tube MAC headers... i know i don't want that half ass pacesetter nonsense... so probably a MAC H pipe with CATs then... what about the mufflers and tailpipes? any advise there? i'm a big fan of the cobra's throaty rumble, but i know it'll be impossible to have that on the v6, so what's a good mix of price and quality? give me a brand name :)

thanks again rellik

feel free to him me up on AIM

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Have you read our article on exhaust?

http://www.232stangs.com/v6_stang_specs/articles/exhuast/

I have GT takeoffs, and they suit me fine. I especially like the apperance of the 3" stainless steel tips. Thre are some exhaust samples in the nultimedia section of our site www.232stangs.com/multimedia . EVal has a Top of the line Borla, where I have the bottom of the line True GT Dual Takeoffs. Check those out :) ;)

·
Registered
151 Posts
leave the cats on. They are nessacary for emissions and inspection, plus your car will sound bad witout them.

H-pipe and X-pipe are both good. Neither are really nessacary on a v6 but they help the sound. I have an X pipe. It sounds really good.

stay with 2.25" pipe. You dont want any bigger or you will lose alot of torque.

For Mufflers, read the sticky. I have flowmaster 40s. I am very happy with them. :mrgreen:

you dont have to buy all the pieces seperatly tho. You can have an exhaust shop fabricate all of it. Thats what i did. x-pipe with flowmaster 40s 2.25 inch and turndown tips. . $350 installed. If they try to charge you much more than that do this :wtf:

·
Registered
151 Posts
hack caugh!

:oops:

oh well i got my x-pipe and my flows. Im really happy with the sound so thats what counts.

heheh

minike wanted liek $600 to do it!
and this other shop i called said you couldnt put dual exhaust on a v6 mustang!!!!

:oops:

why are there so many idiots, and we cant shoot them?

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
My muffler guy said I was an idiot for putting a GT dual exhaust on my car. I looked at him and said, "If you're not going to do it, or give me a hard time about it, let me know."

He shut up really quick and did it.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Sil\/erSpeed said:
then you strangeled him with your t-shirt!!!!!!

but thats another story for another day... :D

Shhhhh... my parents thought that smell was from my new exhaust.... shhhhhhhhh. :p

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
who told you MAC doesnt make Long tube headers for the six.
Iam under the impression that they are the only one who does....

I cant remember if i've even seen another brand of long tubes for the 6.

Extreme effects sells the Long tube headers, I think possibly V6 mustang stuff also does.

Check out the sites on the banner rotators. That exhaust article isnt near completed... so it may be a while for anyone to understand... haha.. .
to much crap to do.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
alright, i've decided on MAC long tube headers. bassani x pipe with cats... flowmaster 40's 3 chamber catback... 2.5" on all

the only problem is, the parts add up to about a grand new... that's a lot, and i still have to do CAI and UDP (which i'll probably do first) ...in and case, i think i'd rather have new and be sure i'm not getting someone's secondhand crap...

thoughts?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts