Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can a 2012 mustang v6 premium beat a 2012 mustang v6 base? Stock for stock. I heard that cloth seats are lighter than leather and the base is lighter curb weight

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
They're so close its negligible. In a paper race, yes the base will always win, but it would be in fractions of seconds. In the real world, they're identical and it's all up to the driver.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes but, in a camaro that has the RS package(20 inch rims, leather seats, and all that) gets 21-22 mpg. While a base model will get the supposed 29 or whatever it is.

If you haven't installed a system in a car, cloth seats are wayy lighter than leather seats for some reason. Would the weight in the rims, seats, and extra goodies slow it down?

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're so close its negligible. In a paper race, yes the base will always win, but it would be in fractions of seconds. In the real world, they're identical and it's all up to the driver.
Provided the same guy drove both cars and it was physically the exact same(never gone happen) but everything down to the T

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm asking because Im in the market for a new edge GT. I want to do a rear seat delete. So why have two nice leather seats and nothing in the back. Looks weird.

Plus the boss has cloth seats. Why not put leather. I'm a rambler today aren't I?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Some people don't like leather. Also, leather is considered luxury, while cloth is functional. The Boss is pure function.
I hate my leather, was so excited at first when I got the all leather seats, now I miss my cloth in my 99 :(...anyone wanna trade? Lol

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Can a 2012 mustang v6 premium beat a 2012 mustang v6 base? Stock for stock. I heard that cloth seats are lighter than leather and the base is lighter curb weight
Another thing that makes the premium heavier is that power seats and added speakers in the lower part of the door. Also, I'm sure SYNC adds several pounds and all the extra gadgets in the gauge cluster. Lol.

My '11 is a Base. I liked how simple the interior is but I liked paying $166 less per month over what I would have been paying if I bought a premium.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I honestly don't mind not having track apps. However, I wish I had the GT base gauges with 2 extra gauges in the center. I love info on how my car is running without the fluff.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
im with you...had I known i was gonna lose all 4 center gauges...id have probably bought a 2012......BUT, I wanted this color.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The only two things premium has that I want are leather seats (it's hit an miss for me... I don't like caring for them) and mycolor. Everything else I don't want or need.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hate my leather, was so excited at first when I got the all leather seats, now I miss my cloth in my 99 :(...anyone wanna trade? Lol
I feel you on leather. If I knew I could have bought a leather wrapped wheel later I would have been perfectly happy with a base model

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Another thing that makes the premium heavier is that power seats and added speakers in the lower part of the door. Also, I'm sure SYNC adds several pounds and all the extra gadgets in the gauge cluster. Lol.

My '11 is a Base. I liked how simple the interior is but I liked paying $166 less per month over what I would have been paying if I bought a premium.
Also a valid point, it makes your wallet heavier to have a base.

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

I honestly don't mind not having track apps. However, I wish I had the GT base gauges with 2 extra gauges in the center. I love info on how my car is running without the fluff.
Now that, is what I woul miss. All I told the guy was, give me a leather wrapped steering wheel and lots of gauges. That what he put me in.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Sanguin said:
Gtzzoom said:
im with you...had I known i was gonna lose all 4 center gauges...id have probably bought a 2012......BUT, I wanted this color.
Scanguage/Ultraguage, they're fantastic.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I prefer old analog gauges. I'd rather have an A-pillar with 3 autometers than one digital all-in-one for normal driving. If I'm scanning for A/F, knock, or timing, I'll use my laptop or some software on my phone with a wireless bluetooth connector.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I prefer old analog gauges. I'd rather have an A-pillar with 3 autometers than one digital all-in-one for normal driving. If I'm scanning for A/F, knock, or timing, I'll use my laptop or some software on my phone with a wireless bluetooth connector.
Yep me too...

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So would camaro gauges suit your fancy. As in the are EVERYWHERE

1 - 20 of 40 Posts