Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok like my recent post im about to buy a new hood. Ive been doing alot of research in regards of the hood material. But I want to hear from you guys that has actually had one. Im confused on duraflex they say its better than fiberglass but why is it so cheaper? And lastly if i decide to go with fiberglass hood do i have to get hood pins. I was told with duraflex it reccomended to get them because of them being so light. Oh by the way Im looking at the gt500 or gts 4 style hood. Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
This is what I was looking at as well does anyone have it please share expierence.
2006 2009 Ford Mustang Cobra Duraflex GT500 Hood | eBay
That is a GT500 hood, it won't fit your car unless you get a GT500 front bumper kit… I have a trufiber hood, I love it up until it rains! But it looks BA! The hood pins are a must, I don't like the ones that came with the hood, I would rather Shelby hood pins like I originally had. I got in an accident and I had to get a new hood, the stock hood with the bolted hood scoop was $1200 from Ford. I got the Trufiber cobra style hood for $699, the money I saved went towards the prep and paint. It turned out nice. Call me crazy but it feels faster with the ram air, like the car can finally breath…

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a GT500 hood, it won't fit your car unless you get a GT500 front bumper kit… I have a trufiber hood, I love it up until it rains! But it looks BA! The hood pins are a must, I don't like the ones that came with the hood, I would rather Shelby hood pins like I originally had. I got in an accident and I had to get a new hood, the stock hood with the bolted hood scoop was $1200 from Ford. I got the Trufiber cobra style hood for $699, the money I saved went towards the prep and paint. It turned out nice. Call me crazy but it feels faster with the ram air, like the car can finally breath…
Thanks for the heads up I kinda figured the gt 500 wouldnt line up right. And yeah thats the exact same hood im getting from a company om ebay. So I take that everythint gets wet when it rains. Thats not a biggie to me as long as it doesnt cause any problems

·
Registered
916 Posts
Go for the gts-4 hood. You will love it! I have that hood as well just haven't put it on yet.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have a Cervini's hood on my '05, the fit is fantastic, and it is fully finished on the underside. The workmanship is excellent.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the cervini ram air hood. Cerveni doesn't require hood pins. They seem to run a little more. But I love my hood.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Thanks for the heads up I kinda figured the gt 500 wouldnt line up right. And yeah thats the exact same hood im getting from a company om ebay. So I take that everythint gets wet when it rains. Thats not a biggie to me as long as it doesnt cause any problems
And to quote this. If it rains hard your car will most likely go into limp mode. I'm not sure where the water goes. But I've had it happen and so did my buddy with a similar hood. He says it happens pretty frequent because his is a DD

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have the cervini ram air hood. Cerveni doesn't require hood pins. They seem to run a little more. But I love my hood.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

And to quote this. If it rains hard your car will most likely go into limp mode. I'm not sure where the water goes. But I've had it happen and so did my buddy with a similar hood. He says it happens pretty frequent because his is a DD
Wow well that sucks do u have the rain gaurds for the heat extracters

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow well that sucks do u have the rain gaurds for the heat extracters
No his has a solid mesh plate. He ended up cutting some plastic and zip tying it to the mesh. He says it helped a lot. But if you know it's there it stands out like a sore thumb. Mine is for show and a Sunday driver. So it very rarely sees bad weather.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No his has a solid mesh plate. He ended up cutting some plastic and zip tying it to the mesh. He says it helped a lot. But if you know it's there it stands out like a sore thumb. Mine is for show and a Sunday driver. So it very rarely sees bad weather.
This is what I was afraid of I drive mine a lot I was going to get the cobra r hood im confused now

1 - 16 of 16 Posts