Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to purchase me a MGW short throw shifter and I don't know if I need the $8 dust boot. I mean its only $8 lol so I'll prolly get it but what's the point? Fill me in.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
You are going to have to cut your factory dust boot around your stock shifter to install the larger mgw. If you don't buy a replacement you will have an opening under your car straight to the transmission.

Cobrabob's gasket makes it easier to install/uninstall the shifter. Normally you have to run a bead of rtv which can get messy to apply and remove. It's a pretty good product overall.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lowflyn said:
You are going to have to cut your factory dust boot around your stock shifter to install the larger mgw. If you don't buy a replacement you will have an opening under your car straight to the transmission.

Cobrabob's gasket makes it easier to install/uninstall the shifter. Normally you have to run a bead of rtv which can get messy to apply and remove. It's a pretty good product overall.
So all in all I need the shifter of course, dust boot, and CobraBob's gasket right??

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
So all in all I need the shifter of course, dust boot, and CobraBob's gasket right??
Yupp. Have some normal tools plus a razor blade for install.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts