Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just scheduled 3-pulls with Fastlane for next week.I have multiple reasons for doing this.I ordered my new tune yesterday,but I am gonna make these pulls as the car is right now.I'll go back and do it again after some things I'm doing.This will answer alot of my questions and be interesting what my numbers are.Looking foward to this big time.Have to take off work but I should be able to swing it.Gonna try putting these LCA's on today if I can get enough time.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok,I would like for some of you fellows to give a close and honest opinion of what you think my numbers will be this Thursday.......RWHP and RWTQ. Just bare in mind when you post what you think, that we are talking just a Borla "S" type catback w/ X-pipe. What do you think with just that and no tune for it.Then what numbers you think if tuned for the catback and stock Air Box. ( 93 gas is all that is run in car 24/7 no matter what) I would Appreciate all the replies I can get and your opinions on the numbers you think. Long story to this but Thursday night when I get home I will post my Dyno numbers and tell you about it. I will go back probably Jan.2012 and do another session.It will have JLT CF CAI and probably some other stuff.....I hope! LOL!! Half is Laying here in my living room and some is on the way.None of it is going on till after this dyno session thursday. Thanks fellows!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
back n a stang said:
Ok,I would like for some of you fellows to give a close and honest opinion of what you think my numbers will be this Thursday.......RWHP and RWTQ. Just bare in mind when you post what you think, that we are talking just a Borla "S" type catback w/ X-pipe. What do you think with just that and no tune for it.Then what numbers you think if tuned for the catback and stock Air Box. ( 93 gas is all that is run in car 24/7 no matter what) I would Appreciate all the replies I can get and your opinions on the numbers you think. Long story to this but Thursday night when I get home I will post my Dyno numbers and tell you about it. I will go back probably Jan.2012 and do another session.It will have JLT CF CAI and probably some other stuff.....I hope! LOL!! Half is Laying here in my living room and some is on the way.None of it is going on till after this dyno session thursday. Thanks fellows!!
My guess? Without tune-375 RWH. With tune-400. Ay chance you can spring for a blower? 

·
Registered
702 Posts
back n a stang said:
Are u auto or manual? Who are u going with to tune ur car? And is ur x pipe offroad or are u runnin high flow cats?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car is M6,3.73 factory gear and the x-pipe is not off road.OEM cats.Going to be using Bama tunes AFTER the dyno pulls.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slightly off topic, but I'm interested in the price for three pulls?
3-pulls nothing more will cost you $75.00. Not bad and worth it for what I am researching

·
Registered
702 Posts
back n a stang said:
The car is M6,3.73 factory gear and the x-pipe is not off road.OEM cats.Going to be using Bama tunes AFTER the dyno pulls.
I would say 375 whp range before tune and if u do a data log tune with bama 400+ just a ball park for you:)

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
back n a stang said:
3-pulls nothing more will cost you $75.00. Not bad and worth it for what I am researching
Actually that's very good, and what I expected price wise! Thanks for that info man! I know mine won't make a lot of hp but $75 is a good price.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well change in plans......I put the JLT CF CAI and BAMA 93 Race tune in today.I plan to reschedule later.So far I like it pretty good,but to be honest the throttle response in my other tune was even a little better.As for power I cant say for sure which is stronger.The JLT is not doing much more than my stock air box.I have heard the gains are not much and I believe that to be true.As for the seat of pants feel,the 2 tunes are close.I will find the differences on a dyno ,but do not want to go thru the aggravation of putting stock air box and flash other tune in.So it will not be anytime soon.Maybe after I drive it some more I can say what I think more so.The streets are cold here today and all it would do is spin.Can not stab it in 1st at all and breaking loose in 2nd even from a roll but we all know how this is.If it warms up and the sun comes out then I can get a few decent WOT in. Post back later I hope.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Yeah, hopefully after the roads warm up you'll have a better feel. I've seen good gains with the JLT and a tune vs stock, but I know they pick up a bit of power with just a tune too! Can't say I've ever seen a comparison of stock with tune vs JLT with a tune to see if the power difference is worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts