Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wifes car hit 5k miles, changed the oil and headed to the toys for tots dyno day here in AZ this morning.

The car is an automatic.

Airaid intake, + roush catback + (or minus actually because they take a lil power) two 18" maganaflow resonators.

This is on a Mustang Dyno, not a dynojet. THIRD gear pull, not fourth. using manual sport shift.

Made 241hp 252 tq. Im ok with that. Ambient temp around 63, DA was around 2k. not corrected #s. Mustang Dynos run about 6% lower than the standard dynojets so I think the #s are great for an auto. Just wish my avg mpg (21.1) would be higher.

Anyone else dyno their autos? I dont like the beginning of my graph, had a large dip in it.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I did mine today, testing on a modified intake manifold so had to get baseline first. Made 258 RWHP and 252 torque on the stock tune and intake. Surprised me to only see 15% loss through the automatic from the flywheel rating.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
On the stock tune that is when we hit the MPH limiter. We did pulls on some Bama and [email protected] tunes also and those went higher on the RPM because the speed limiter was off, but the power didn't increase either, which was a surprise.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I think those numbers are really good for both cars. I only get around 21 mpg just driving around town and no highway if I really stay light on the gas. Most of the time I average around 18-19. All highway driving has been much better with mpg around 32-35 average.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
kind of odd your MPG is so low, I drive 50/50 cith/highway and average 24mpg, but on the highway ta 65-70 I see 29+ (autos should do better) going 50-55 it will get above 30mpg

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Altitude, road conditions, temp, ac on or off, driver input... All variables. Cant go by what others get imo too many things to consider.

·
Registered
187 Posts
So my wifes car hit 5k miles, changed the oil and headed to the toys for tots dyno day here in AZ this morning.

The car is an automatic.

Airaid intake, + roush catback + (or minus actually because they take a lil power) two 18" maganaflow resonators.

This is on a Mustang Dyno, not a dynojet. THIRD gear pull, not fourth. using manual sport shift.

Made 241hp 252 tq. Im ok with that. Ambient temp around 63, DA was around 2k. not corrected #s. Mustang Dynos run about 6% lower than the standard dynojets so I think the #s are great for an auto. Just wish my avg mpg (21.1) would be higher.

Anyone else dyno their autos? I dont like the beginning of my graph, had a large dip in it.
Where did you get it tested?
I am also in AZ.
Phoenix area

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I hit 268 HP 257 tq with air raid, tune, and pipes. The gas mileage is weird I'm getting 23 with a Procharger and 3.55s and 285 rear tires

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Altitude, road conditions, temp, ac on or off, driver input... All variables. Cant go by what others get imo too many things to consider.
Don't forget the rear gear ratio too.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts