Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm not really a car guy :uhh: , but im working on it :good: , thats why I'm hanging around here. I have a 1995 v6 coupe, and its stock, so I'm looking into increasing the power. Anyways, I was reading the CAI FAQ from the site and I was just wondering what, if any, drawbacks there were from purchasing a CAI system from E-Bay rather than a brand name (BBK). Is there any performance loss? And I have a second question. My friend gave me a BBK CAI off of his 1990 5.0, I was looking at it, and it really didnt look very compatible, and thats what I figured, I was just wondering if there was any way I could get it to fit, and would the work better/be cheaper than just buying one off of E-Bay. Thanks for reading, and please help.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Depends.

All CAIs will do basically the same thing. I prefer name-brand stuff. It looks better than a bunch of PVC pipe slapped together in my engine bay. In any case, your gains will be like... between 2 and 6 hp.

The 5.0 CAI won't work. Totally different induction system. I would put that one on ebay and use the money to buy a new one.

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
you'll probably make at least the same amount selling that bbk that you would to buy an ebay cai. Make sure it is for your year.

the only difference I've heard is that some ebay CAIs may whistle louder than brand name. Not something I'd pay an extra $80+ for, esp when I won't be able to hear it with my stereo.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts