Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up? It's been a while since somebody's hit up the v8 mod section. So here ya go. Last time I went to the track My check Engine gay light came on. I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes & removed my passenger headlight. I did two tenths better in the quarter. Do you think having the check engine light on makes the car run retarted? (slower). This was all before my predator.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Js281GT said:
What's up? It's been a while since somebody's hit up the v8 mod section. So here ya go. Last time I went to the track My check Engine gay light came on. I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes & removed my passenger headlight. I did two tenths better in the quarter. Do you think having the check engine light on makes the car run retarted? (slower). This was all before my predator.
Check engine lights can come from anything. I know people who have had their c.e. lights on for over a year. Bad o2 sensors can cause it, my friends explorer reads that it needs new cats. Bad cats could make you run faster and for the record, when I first bought my car I went to lacr with the c.e. light on and ran the same time I ran once it went off. In my case it was the o2 sensors by the way.
Sometimes it comes on for good reason though. Anyone ever heard of that Marvel Mystery Oil. It gets really good ratings with rx-7's, but I poured it in my car (a bit too much of it I might add) and it made my check engine light come on, after that it stalled out until I drained all the gas out and refilled back up. Find out why your c.e. light is on, then go to the strip and let us know the results.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going when you guys are going. It doesn't do it know because I have the predator. :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Js281GT said:
I am going when you guys are going. It doesn't do it know because I have the predator. :D
This may be a dumb question but what is a predetor? I'd look it up but the computer I'm on right now is only 56k :disgust:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a programmer instead of a chip. My speedo was off because of my gears. The programmer fixes that. You also can remove your top speed limiter. You can raise your rev limiter too. I set mine up to 6800 rpm's. It also turned off my check engine soon light due to having no cats. It also has settings where you can use 87, 89, or 91 octane. It has three settings or back to stock. It remaps your fuel & timing curves. It gave me like 20hp. It does everything. You can also have custom downloads from your pc but I don't know too much about that.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Js281GT said:
It is a programmer instead of a chip. My speedo was off because of my gears. The programmer fixes that. You also can remove your top speed limiter. You can raise your rev limiter too. I set mine up to 6800 rpm's. It also turned off my check engine soon light due to having no cats. It also has settings where you can use 87, 89, or 91 octane. It has three settings or back to stock. It remaps your fuel & timing curves. It gave me like 20hp. It does everything. You can also have custom downloads from your pc but I don't know too much about that.
Wow, that thing sounds awesome, how much do they run?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Someone is selling them on this site for like $349.99 good till considering I paid $400.00 for mine plus tax.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
it depends on the issues, it sometimes will go into safe mode if the problem is bad enough... so it all depends on what the light was triped for. seems to me right after you reconnect the battery the car runs a little faster for a little bit.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya, it is wierd.

·
Registered
71 Posts
who is selling the predators for tree fitty, im gonna hit him up sometime

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's in one of those threads below the West Coast section. Try the first one or second.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
well by the fact of life you are starting out faster than any v6 ever could ever be... so you must run at least low 11's regardless of what you have as long as its a v8 mustang.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Spector, where did that come from? :confused:

·
Registered
583 Posts
he lives in florence, I give him crap about his v6 as a joke, because we both had one and I understand his pain, and his v6 is faster than my 96, at least in the 1/8th mile, I know this because I had to hit 3rd in order to catch back up, he'd probably be even faster on the track than I am... thats kinda the joke with us anyways, i'd make fun of his v6 he'd remind me that he was faster. however most of the modder types of guys back home (florence, AL) think that v8 is the only way to go, and a v6 can't possibly be faster, it can be a pretty closed minded group out there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts